External Search & links to Prodigy Pro not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckus328

Is anyone else having this problem? - any google searches or links on other sites that point to a page on Prodigy-Pro, when I click on them it just brings me to the main forum page on Prodigy.  This just started in the last few days.

google has no clue what's going on with the forum...So yeah, you'll have to update the links manually.

I wish there was a way to -1 something... or report a broken or missing link.

I was having the same problem, I don't know if this is something new with google, but on the right hand side of the link a little grey arrow will pop up... pass over it
and the search page should pop up

Yes, Google has no way of knowing that the URLs have been changed.

A useful thing to do might be to find the page you want using the method described by Ptownkid and then paste the correct URL into Google's search box and send it through. If enough people do this then eventually the new URLs will replace the old ones in Google search results.

Actually, there should be 301 http redirect from the old domain to the new one to make links work. With 301 redirect Google will update the old domain to new the new one as well. Maybe Ethan can do it or check out why it isn't working if already done.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=83105

There is a site-wide 301 redirect.  That's why you're redirected to GroupDIY.com.
Since the 301 redirect is at the root level, my hope was that google would drop all the PP links quickly and replace them by indexing groupdiy.com.
It will, *eventually* but I guess not as fast as we would like.

I'm reluctant to setup a rewrite for the url in fear that google may still think the old urls are valid.

If you find GroupDIY.com links, +1 it.  Maybe the google gods will be kind to us. :D

Latest posts

Back