IO board support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tzman said:
Thanks!
This is a great help. I've got a slight change of plans though... I'm planning on building a channelstrip consisting of the following: SSL9k->LA4->Helios69->IOboard. So I've added the LA4. All DIY projects found on the forum.
Maybe it's the wrong place to ask, but here it goes: the LA4 has a 600:600 transformer out. Could I connect the transformer directly to the Helios input (so I would use it as an interstage transformer). Or would it be better to skip the transformer (and sacrifice it's "sound").

Another question: Can I use your new APP992 as the output DOA? I would like to use a Cinemag transformer going to the XLR out. Have you got any recommandations on which type to use keeping the above described channelstrip in mind? I'm planning on using the CMOB-2H.

yes, you can use the interstage trasformer to the helios input.
yes, APP992 can be used on io board,  CMOB-2H is a good trasformer, a trasparent and clear one but a bit fizzy on the high frequency.

kind regards
Pier Paolo

Hallo!
I was just looking at the schematic for this, trying to understand it, and I was wondering what the purpose of the section between P2 and P3 is?

Also, in the balancing (between P4 and P40) and debalancing (P6 - P20) circuits are all of the opamps necess, or is it showing all the possible choice (DOA, IC..)

ramshackles said:
Hallo!
I was just looking at the schematic for this, trying to understand it, and I was wondering what the purpose of the section between P2 and P3 is?
it's an megaohm buffer based on a fet , this one has the function to increase the make-up stage(between P4 and P40) input impedance. the buffer + the make-up stage can be used as instrument preamp.   

ramshackles said:
Hallo!

Also, in the balancing (between P4 and P40) and debalancing (P6 - P20) circuits are all of the opamps necess, or is it showing all the possible choice (DOA, IC..)
No, it shows the choise to use a DOA or an IC opamp in the balancing and in the debalancing stage.

edit: in the debalancing circuit (P6 - P20) the options are U 1 and DOA1  , in the balancing stage  (P4 and P40) the choices are DOA2 and U5. 

Does anyone know what the mill max receptacle part number is for the DOA socket holes on Pier's io boards?
I'd rather not have to drill the DOA holes wider although it seems like its what a few people did.  I know this is from forever ago so I apologize for the resurrection.
Thanks in advance
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

they're the same used on Igor sontec eq , they are not a millmax part since I preferred to use them because they are fine but cheap. I cannot give you the exact reference part number in this moment  because the computer I used to design was crashed.

thanks
best regards
Pier Paolo

I am searching on GDIY the Farnell part number  of these pin receptacles from Igor posts,
if someone who build the Igor sontec eq may replay here it I thank him.

Pier
Thanks for thequick response. I'll search through some of Igors threads and hopefully get lucky.  Maybe Ramshackle knows?.?.
Thanks
Dylan

Yes, I confirm for that pin receptacle sockets on mouser.  ;)
thanks very much to Krcwell

I received several requests for this board, I could restock it again but I have developed another board that uses the same design and that can be used as input board or as amp/out board.

Hi Pier, I'd love this board to be restocked, but if you have a new design I'd be very interested too, do you have links to your or other relevant I/O boards?

Regards, Joshua

ppa said:
I received several requests for this board, I could restock it again but I have developed another board that uses the same design and that can be used as input board or as amp/out board.

Back