Harrison Ford Filter Feeler

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everybody

Here's a list of people I'm still awaiting payment from:

Detonator - 2
funkymonksf - 4
jaydubrek - 8
joechris - 2
mik - 2
okgb - 2
soundsactive - 4
TapeOpAl - 8
zmgwg - 2

The boards have been ordered but I don't know how the company will do over the holidays... I'll let you know as soon as I've got them in hand!

Also: Dan at Collective Cases was talking about throwing together a faceplate to mount 8 of these in 1ru. Would anybody else be interested?

Marcocet said:
Also: Dan at Collective Cases was talking about throwing together a faceplate to mount 8 of these in 1ru. Would anybody else be interested?
Absolutely.  Would 8 fit in 1u with power supply or would you need to use an external supply?  I assumed these were better suited for 2u.

Marcocet said:

Assuming there are enough leftovers that I can get 8 boards, I would be interested in this.

minor_glitch said:
Marcocet said:
Absolutely.  Would 8 fit in 1u with power supply or would you need to use an external supply?  I assumed these were better suited for 2u.

Well, you certainly could put the power supply in the case, but I'm planning on using an external one. I really like overbuilt power supplies. You could run them fine on a wall wart if you swing that way.

Hey guys, glad to see interest in these.  It gives me a reason to make a case for myself!  :)

Anyway, let me know what we want for the back panel and such and I will be on it.  IEC or XLR for external PSU. In order to make them affordable we should agree on what we need and I will do a small run or what ever we quantity we need.

Also, let me know if a front panel design is wanted with silk screen or if the fact that they are simple filters just the holes are wanted? 

Hit me up with wish list.  Thanks.

TimS said:
Marcocet said:

Assuming there are enough leftovers that I can get 8 boards, I would be interested in this.

+1

dandeurloo said:
Hey guys, glad to see interest in these.  It gives me a reason to make a case for myself!  :)

Anyway, let me know what we want for the back panel and such and I will be on it.  IEC or XLR for external PSU. In order to make them affordable we should agree on what we need and I will do a small run or what ever we quantity we need.

Also, let me know if a front panel design is wanted with silk screen or if the fact that they are simple filters just the holes are wanted? 

Hit me up with wish list.  Thanks.

Hey Dan,
a DB25 cutout would be great! I also prefer a front panel with silk screen.
Thanks for your help!

This does seem like a good project for DB25's. So two DB25's on the back panel.  What about PSU.  Should that be IEC or a XLR for external supplies?

Screw it, lets put an IEC on there. There's got to be a pretty good power supply that will run +/- 15 and fit in a 1ru case around here somewhere.

I put together a waiting list and you guys are on it.

peterc's green PSU, if you omit the 48V section. It comes with most s800 EQ kits. for such a small current draw I think it could even operate without heatsinks. It definitely goes into 1U (see s800 thread).

Hmmmm indeed.

Well, here's a list of who's left. I'm gonna message everyone now.

Detonator - 2
funkymonksf - 4
JayDubrek - 8
mik - 2
okgb - 2
soundsactive - 4
zmgwg - 2

Do you have a link to Peterc's psu? I couldn't find it for some spacey reason...

Hey Guys this is what the back panel would be cut out like.

1U_Back_2_DB25.jpg

I need to get some specs on the PCB's to work out a front panel layout.

Back