Harrison Ford Filter Feeler

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcocet said:
Depends on the exact pots and switch you use. You'd be better off measuring it yourself than trusting mine...
Ok, thanks! I'll wait for that AML-kit then.

elskardio said:
What about an axis converter like this: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Axis-Converter-6-3mm-4mm.html

Does anyone know a place in the US that sells something like this?

Cases are getting closer.  They went to paint today.  He is usually a fast turn around then to my silk screener. Hopefully he will be a quick turn around as well.  Finger crossed!  I have all my parts here as well so I am waiting on them also.

Hey guys, I just mounted my filters in my case.  Just a few tips that might save you a little time.

1.  No need for Standoffs.  Just use the pots to hold the boards.  They are plenty strong for that and it will save you a ton of work not having to drill the bottom panel for standoffs.

2.  You should use the washers that Collin sends with the pots.  Put them between the Pots and the Front panel.  I tried it without them at first and the bypass switches didn't always have enough room to travel the full distance in order to latch and unlatch.  With the washers they work great. 

3.  Assembly order: I soldered the bypass switches fully into the PCB's.  Then I solder one pin on each Pot to hold the pots in place.  After that I mounted all the PCB's to the front panel.  I did this to ensure a nice fit.  Once I had all the PCB's mounted to the front panel I soldered the rest of the pins on the Pots.  Worked like a charm. 

I am pretty sure if you have already solder switches and pots in you will have no problem with them fitting.  There seems to be enough wiggle room all around.

Ok, cases are in the mail if you have ordered them.  Now I need to sort out my PSU and get the DB25 wired up!

I'll take 2-4 pcbs, depending on price.
Awaiting Colins kit as well (Please write the pot-sizes and front-panel layout when you have the kit ready :) )

I accidentally under-ordered pots. As soon as the rest of them and my power supply pcbs show up I'm ready to throw these suckers together. I'll get some pics up as soon as I do!

-marc alan

JayDubrek said:
About to start my 8 boards...and wondered if anyone has finished theirs yet?
Cheers
Jay

No, I was kind of waiting for the AML kit but then I spoke to Colin and he said it might be a while so I should probably just order the parts myself. What power supply are you intending to use? I'm thinking about a Traco switchmode for simplicity...

Hi Al... Just need the pots for this now. These are going into a console I'm building so they'll be sharing power from a JML power station...

JayDubrek said:
Hi Al... Just need the pots for this now. These are going into a console I'm building so they'll be sharing power from a JML power station...

Console build... details!

TapeOpAl said:
JayDubrek said:

...I'm going to publish details on here when it's done and it's a while off completion yet! There's a few pics and design details on my Dubrek Facebook page. Nothing too fancy like!
Jay

JayDubrek said:
TapeOpAl said:
JayDubrek said:

...I'm going to publish details on here when it's done and it's a while off completion yet! There's a few pics and design details on my Dubrek Facebook page. Nothing too fancy like!
Jay

Had a snoop on the FB page, making big moves! Look forward to seeing/hearing more.

Back