Any MK47 DIY Sounds out there?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manulaudic

Hello !

I am waiting for Ioaudio to get some new MK47 mic kits in stock and order one but i was wondering if someone had some sound samples. Vocals?
Compared to the Real thing?

I've used a Neumann u47 yesterday, it was beautiful, no EQ (Quite acoustic music) !

Manu

Not a comparison, but there's some vocals on this http://tinyurl.com/ccspyvj through mine.
First time it was used in anger. Not a great test, she would of sounded fantastic thu anything.

manulaudic said:
What design and capsule did you use?
thanks,
its a C12VR (Good mic, don't know why they get slated all the time...)
Beez kneez capsule, the rest is as per ioaudio's MK47 schematic's.

Its one of my modified ex-bbc amps, tends to soften the high end a touch, good with bright condensers.

What headphones are you using? (IN the video) I ask because I have seen those around but I am not sure what they are! Cool arrangement and nice recording!

Thanks man,
Black ones are Beyer DT150's, think the one eared ones are normally called DT109's but i made ours from broken 150's.
Best studio can if u ask me, tough, repairable and sound ok.

That sounds fantastic!  I just realised I've been to that studio in the video -I played a singing robot in a short film my friend wrote and directed.  Small world!

This:
http://soundcloud.com/jburtner/mb-ill-be-home-904/s-9ERkk

Her vocal: MK47 / EQU47 / Q47D
His Gtr: MK7 / EQU47 / Original-Dales-M7 /

Some other DIY on this:
SB4k, Mnats RevA.

His gtr was about 6" from the mic @ neck/body joint.
She was about three or four ft from both mics maybe. :)

Cheers,
jb

0dbfs, sounds cool.

Any chance you can do a comparison of the 2 mics head to head so we can hear a direct difference between the 2 versions of the mics?  I would love that.

Thanks. I'll post some better A/B comparisons when I do some more recordings. Probably early next year.

In general based on my observations I would describe the differences as Mic #1 is a really great sounding mic and Mic #2 is a magik microphone.

Cheers,
jb

I put them up for a minute as a ref but it's not released yet so I couldn't keep up for too long.

My mic's are in service now so should have plenty of examples in the not too distant future to post.

Interesting comparison but there are so many variables in my mics including different capsules, different tubes, different output cap... Although they are both the same PIO russian can type...

I should install one of the Q47D's (and/or dales m7's) in each mk7 and 47 to better test/compare apples/apples.

Definitely magic though!

Cheers,
jonathan

These magic microphones happen to contain Q47D's. even my mother-in-law could pick out the magic microphone consistently when they were here over the holidays and I was just getting them up and running.

Cheers,
Jb

Back