U47 Clone Build Thread based on T-bone sct2000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

It's been a while.

I have been finishing my album and haven't had the time to mod my microphone, actually i recorded all female vocals with the stock T-bone sct2000 that i have and it was pretty good for that purpose.

I noticed at one point a ringing tone from the mic : There was some sort of electric hum that was ringing like a certain note, i actually recorded it and i could post it for you guys to hear it if anybody is interested...

I've been in touch with Dave Thomas, who was very kind to explain to me the circuit and what change to be done including Capsule, Transformer, Tube and Zener diode to get the right voltage to the new tube circuit.

I guess i will start from that and order with him. I've been wondering though if i should get a second T-bone sct2000 to mod since i quite like the one i have.

One last question :

- How can i know which type of capsule i have in my t-bone, could it be the 797 one? or some other chinese?
Any sign to look for?

Thank you all for your help and whenever i decide to mod it i will keep posted !

Manu

Here is the sound i noticed during recording :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/680387/T-bone%20Sct2000%20High%20Noise%20sound.wav

I realized that turning off the power supply and back on would eventually remove the hiss...

Manu

Latest posts

Back