SB4001 Support / Build Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok really weird....when comp is in bypass for a while and put in line again then sometimes the meter needle needs up to 5 minutes to start reacting again....by level matching and looking at the makeup gain it seems to show the right GR but maybe there is something wrong i should look for????

no help? seems that my meter is broken..checked the current, there is no overload, unit works calibrated like a charm, but no needle movement at all  :mad: :mad: :mad:

anybody knows how to fix this particular meter? or where can i order a replacement?

I just noticed that Left and Right of my SB4001 is 5db out. It seems the to be the unit and not the rack, as this issue only occurs once I put Comp In on. Could this still be a rack issue, even if it only occurs when the comp is on? I did buy this new rack used.

Do I need to do this in the calibration to fix this issue:
Unity Gain (VR1L/R) - Toggle between bypass and comp in. Adjust VR1L/R for unity gain (ie - same levels when the compressor is engaged as it is when it is in bypass)

It's been a while since I worked on this project, so I cannot recall if I need to dismantle the unit to access the Left and Right trimpots? Is this necessary?

Could this issue be more than the trimpots adjustments, as I rarely used this unit. Could something else be causing this issue?

Also, if I just turn the trimpots, my concern is I am overturning it and the problem of the voltage drop on one side could be elsewhere.

Any tips regarding troubleshooting this issue and confirming it is just a trimpot adjustment?

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back