Ever thought of adding some the Slate Audio Dragon features to MNATS 1176

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one?

boom, sheen, or bite?

maybe a super vintage setting is needed. in that case, you need one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LN-Module-for-UREI-1176-1176LN-Replace-or-Upgrade-/220787052676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3367ef1084#ht_500wt_969

gemini86 said:
I read the whole sales pitch on the link... still don't know exactly.

But apparently these features are sought after?

LOL. They are just subtle variations in tone, I wonder how they get them as well.

oh so they are filters that are added to the compressed signal so it ends up being compressed signal + boom(extra low end?), Signal + shine(boosth in top end?) and compressed + bite(boost in mids?) fwiw the amek cib had a shine button on the high end and a glow button for the low end. I would imagine the slate box does the same thing but  on the signal either pre or post being compressed. hmmmmmm

gemini86 said:
Well then add it already...
I would love to but being that I'm not that experienced I guess I'm first trying to see if this is possible to add to the circuit 

there are plenty of people doing 1176 style comps with blend controls.... MY two cents is that it all for the gear sluts crowd that ohhh and ahhhhh over more buttons and shiny knobs.  my 1176's don't need them, I don't need them... If I want shine I will eq it in. if I want boom I will eq it in. If I want to blend I'll use it in parallel. If I want saturation I can get that too

pucho812 said:
there are plenty of people doing 1176 style comps with blend controls.... MY two cents is that it all for the gear sluts crowd that ohhh and ahhhhh over more buttons and shiny knobs.  my 1176's don't need them, I don't need them... If I want shine I will eq it in. if I want boom I will eq it in. If I want to blend I'll use it in parallel. If I want saturation I can get that too
can you guide me to the info. Yes I have searched but nothing turns up

How about mixing in an EQd signal with a mixing console? :p
add the sidechain loop and put one of your EQs to work!
I'm all for bells & whistles, but what I would be most interested in (as an option) is getting it more aggressive and edgy sounding

pucho812 said:
Absolutley +1
1176.... it is what it is.......otherwise its not !

I've thought about designing an 1176 fet and sidechain amp card that would plug and play with whatever input/makeup/output amp you want to build, sort of like the JLM MAC-opto.

would this be of use to anyone?

slap a fet on the front of a tube amp?

Back