negative rectifier tube voltage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopermc5

Hi I am troubleshooting my drip 670 I just finished i am getting neg voltage from the recto tube I have isolated the psu from the rest of the circuit  all caps and resistor are correct what could theoretically cause this to happen? (and no my probes on my meter are not reversed )

Thanks

well that the rub is their isnt anything involved that can be wired backwards (as far as I know) their are the power tranny,recto tube,cap,choke all of wich polarity shouldnt matter I was thinking some how the power tranny was screwed up but I get + V before the the tube it's once it's rectified it goes negative. Ive checked my meter with  bench supply it's fine

I just really want to understand what could make a recto go negative tried 2 brand new tubes both do the same

I just mean the power tranny is operating normal going into the rectifier

igabdhga.jpg

If you wired it exactly to the circuit, then it should work. But all parts are polarised, and MUST be put the right way round. Get an experienced person to check your work. And this circuit can be dangerous. If you reverse wire a capacitor, it can explode.

Well I am using the drip board all my caps are correct I am trying to rule out if something in the chain failing can cause this the power supply is fairly simple and this is far from my first tube build this is why it's driving me nuts obviously I am missing something drip had seen pics of my tranny wiring and confirmed it is correct
I was mainly looking for a theory of what would cause this but it always comes back to wiring and caps.

Thanks for the help

Just an update as everyone said a millon times wiring something got jumped to ground that wasn't supposed to blah I suck  ;)

thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back