cleaning knobs.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3nity

I remember i saw a blog where the guy was dipping knobs in a solution.
Im just trying to find out how to clean my Einstein knobs...they are kinda yellow...
they used to be gray!

Thanks

Gray indicates smoke environment. 
If I can get 2 days with help I will have a crew remove all knobs, sort all the collet pieces on lunch trays, and put the knobs and caps in a light solution of dish detergent for a few minutes, brush, rinse and dry.  The time consuming part is replacing everything with the proper parts.  No place for ADHD interns.
If done in place around sessions, I have careful people use 50% diluted window cleaner (Windex type) on swabs only slightly damp.
Mike

gyraf said:
we usuallly put them in the dishwasher...

Thank God I'm not the only person that does this, although wife does get cross if I mix them with dishes and glassware .

Frank B

I put the knobs in a pillowcase, close it VERY well and put it in the dishwasher, works very well !

Nadege said:
I put the knobs in a pillowcase, close it VERY well and put it in the dishwasher, works very well !

Ditto.

Or the clothes washer.
We used to clean keyboard keycaps this way back when they were worth cleaning.

I have a audio baton tube eq that's white knobs turned a brownish color due to 50 years of dirty fingers, and a little windex on a q-tip worked wonders. They look brand new again!

Latest posts

Back