Sony DPS-M7 needs service

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_humphrey

Hello everyone,

I have a Sony DPS-M7 that is acting strange. It boots some of the time (usually not), but often I just end up with a blank screen. When it does boot the dial does not seem to respond. LCD does seem to work fine. I've tried changing the battery.

Does anybody know someone in the USA who might have experience servicing these units?

I would hate to lose this. When it worked it was really something    ...turned my guitar into a Hammond B3.  ...sort of.

Thanks in advance!

scott_humphrey said:
.... I've tried changing the battery.

Does it still measure 3V? These batteries can't stand excessive heat during soldering. I've replaced mine with a battery holder for 2 AA 1,5V batteries.

Other than that....start with the PSU...check caps...etc. etc.

I appreciate the tips, Radiance. I bought the batteries with solder tabs, but I like your idea about the AA battery holder....

I have an R7 and 2 D7s and the remote controller as well, so I'm motivated to keep the M7 alive.

Do you know how to reset/restore the factory presets? I have the manuel but this info isn't in there. I'd like to try this before digging in too much.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back