NewYorkDave One Bottle x 4 P2P

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophreak

Heloooooo,

Just wanted to post my new 4 channels of NewYork Dave's One Bottles.  My first P2P, wiring layout could have been a little neater, but there's no humm or Buzzz ... actually very quiet, Love the sound, very happy with it. I have an opportunity to use it on toms and a horn section next month cant wait  ;D

I used the Hammond 261G6 PT ,  has 250-CT-250 @ 140mA  and 6.3 @ 2.0mA  for B+ and heaters ( also used this PT on the Dual G-Pultes )  ... I first used the G-Pultec PSU which worked fine for one and two channels , but as I added the third and then the fourth I had to reduce the dropping resistor for the added load and as I did that the B+ was going too high (  +350vdc )  before the heaters warmed up  :(  so I perf boarded the G9 B+ for regulation and added a time delay ( the only PCB in the box ) for a 30 sec. delay of B+ and sets at +248vdc.  for Phantom I perf boarded Keiths SSL9k circuit and powered that by the small toroid ( 22v secondaries at  .114mA )  and ran all LEDs from that as well.

THANK YOU  NewYork Dave  and also FreddyG for helping me along with this project,  and this wonderful and amazing  place of sharing and knowledge !!!

I have learned so much ... and have so much to learn    ;)

... more pix here -  https://goo.gl/photos/cjFMPpxFvSmkHvCR7

Attachments

• IMG_0003-WEB.jpg
    IMG_0003-WEB.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 301
pucho812 said:
very nice. Now just zip tie a few things ;)

Thanks !!! ... yes i do have to tidy it up a bit  ;D

Thanks letterbeacon !!

.. also , I took the name(  NYD 1B ) from another members project post, but could not find the post ... will search more

Looks great!
Also curious about the L brackets for the tubes. Homemade?
Did you terminate the LL1930 output with a resistor (i.e. 600 ohm)?

Blue Jinn said:
Sweet!

With phantom power too!

Where did you source the angle brackets for the tubes?

Thanks Blue Jinn  !!  The Tube brackets are just 1"  aluminum angle cut 1" wide and I drilled a 3/4" hole for the tube sockets, the other side of the angle I cut short and left enough material to bolt them to the Turret board. 

dmp said:
Looks great!
Also curious about the L brackets for the tubes. Homemade?
Did you terminate the LL1930 output with a resistor (i.e. 600 ohm)?

Thanks dmp !!  no termination resistor on the output , if you are referring to resistors on the output XLRs those are the 6k8s for the Phantom Power

audiophreak said:
pucho812 said:
very nice. Now just zip tie a few things ;)
Thanks !!! ... yes i do have to tidy it up a bit  ;D

haha i was just thinking, "someone, send this man a care package!"
kidding of course, everything looks well thought out and has its proper place.  and i'm sure even sounds good too! ;)  helpful notes on the psu, i've got 8 in my future.

.. also want to give a shout-out to Chae at Prodigy Engineering for the Laser  engraved panel of both the NYD 1B and the  dual G-Pultec

LOL  Thanks zayance 

mulletchuck said:
awesome, you gotta let me hear the horn section snippets once you track them!

will do  ;D

Hello All :)

I love my one Bottles - I am starting in on a Dual Mila and was reading that thread and ran across a couple of posts on wiring the heaters .... I wired mine between pins 4 and 5 at 6,3vdc  and they work and sound great - in the Mila thread (  and 12AV7  Data sheet ) it states for 6.3v heaters connect pins 4 & 5 together and use pin 9 

Mine work fine between 4 & 5  - am I destroying the tubes ?    will it sound better if I change it ?? 

Help !!

Thanks,
            Chip

If you;re only applying 6.3V between 4 and 5, you're running the tubes at half heater voltage. Look at this pinout:

9A.png

This represents the physical construction of the tube. The filament is actually 2 filaments in series, with pin 9 being the point where they are connected to eachother. If you are running 6.3V, tie 4 and 5 together use pin 9. If you're running 12.6V, wire it like you have it now.

no, undervoltage doesn't damage the filaments... and if it sounds great to you, then you don't have to change it. If anything, the tube will last forever.

Latest posts

Back