Front panel designer file for 2u par metal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildafriend

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had a front panel express file that I could use as a template only for the location of the chassis holes in it. It would need to bolt right onto the most up to date 2u par metal chassis. This is for my 4 channel API ACCESS 312 clones. I did not use the Pre made front panel so that I could make a beautiful front panel and have the learning experience. If we don't collectively have any files that you feel like sharing, any advice here is appreciated.

Surely it's not more than 5 mins work to do what the first person who replied to you suggested, plus double and then triple checking time!

I speak from experience - I also went through the same process this weekend - creating my own front panel fron scratch and to do it I had to analyse dxf files to get the correct measurements to ensure it will fit onto the modushop case I've bought.

If I got it wrong and the front panel doesn't fit, it is €145 down the drain.  However, I think I've got it right, and it is certainly exciting waiting to find out!  Not to mention what I learned in the process of deciphering the new software and technical drawings.

Constructive point hopefully made, I also would imagine that after 200+ posts you won't have failed to notice that requests for hand holding rarely go down well here...

It would be nice if the Par- Metal enclosures showed up in the Insert System Holes section along with Fischer and Shcroff.  Maybe contact Par-Metal or FPE and find out what the dilio is.

Looking at it now it appears that when you open up a standard 19 inch 1u rack in object properties then then insert system holes both the Fischer and Schroff 19" selections are the same and both are awfully similar to the Par-Metal front panel.  I will print out the panels and compare to a 1u par-metal front panel that I have at home.

The system holes are not the same as Par-Metals but close.  They are easy to move.  I will play around with them(when I have time) until I get the mounting holes lined up, but I, just like about everyone else, drill out the mounting holes when the front panel arrives.

Latest posts

Back