Here is a doozey. Who has a schematic for a Univox J6 Organ/Amplifier (c.1948)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammas

Nifty little beast. Has a rekindled fame due to the likes of the White Stripes and "Icky Thump".

http://www.hendrixguitars.com/Univox.htm

Being a child of the 1980's, I find this thing is something else... from another time. Tag strip construction, wires routed at perfect right-angles, the undeniable smell of ivory keys, mullard valves...

sigh. They don't make them like they used to. Anybody seen a schematic for this beast???

Hey mate!

I'll get some clips up over the next few weeks. You can hear it on Icky Thump by the white strips.

"Clunky" is the best way to describe the tone I think. I dig it though. It is like a piano with no sustain or felt padding under the keys.

Hey Pucho, if you want to hear it, there’s not only the White Stripes stuff, but it was originally used on a space-surf tune called “Telstar” by The Tornados in the early 60s.  I don’t think the Ventures version used one of these, so check the original. Space-tastic!

Edit: just realizing I’m responding to a response to a thread from 2011.  [forehead slap]

But if you’re still interested, Pucho...  :)

Latest posts

Back