Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, sorry for all the delays, I have one more week of badness for you all... Just got an email from GH pushing me back from 3/22 to 3/30... They told me the shorting part of the switch came in wrong from their supplier and that they would overnight the switches at their expense...  I'm very sorry to keep giving you bad news, but at least it's not that much worse.

Now to divert your attention a bit, here is a pair on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200723731246+&item=200723731246&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Thanks for the patience everyone, I will keep you updated as soon as I have more news.

Here's another distraction, since I can't get any real answers from anyone yet.  Had to crop it to get rid of the barrel distortion from the tiny camera lens, but I think you get the idea! Thanks Dubka for insisting on the color change, looks a lot better than the blue!

t7o3d4.jpg

Yes , looks good , Reminds me of the silver studer modules BUT has the anti snobbery
of anything blue/grey  has mojo , can hardly wait

I don't think Mitsos has received the Grayhill switches yet. Grayhill had a problem with the shorting portion of the 71 series switches. I just spoke with my sales rep last week to order some 56 series switches. She said they are expediting all the open 71 series orders and said it was a complete nightmare. All we can do is patiently wait right now.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in responding, I was in India for the past couple weeks and had no internet the last few days. The switches did come in (finally!) and, as Jeff and I previously posted, grayhill had a problem with one of their suppliers so there was a huge delay in all 71 series switches.  But, now Niels has everything packed up mostly, we'll be checking things over again and hope to start shipping mid-late next week. 

Thank you all again for your patience, I'm sure you'll agree it was worth it!

No problem here with waiting ! ;)
the helios eq parts i started to collect to the same time as i ordered yours are still not in due to farnell
cancelling my (private) account which i used for many years now :mad:
please remember i have another shipping address than paypal address
(did mail niels about that in the beginning but just to be save..)
will be happy with your delux pultecs i know
greets axel

I am happy to say we are beginning to ship the units in the order that payments came in.  Niels has built a few by now and we have come to an efficient order of doing things, so I will finish the build instructions and post them hopefully by Friday.  Overall build time is about 2.5 hours, but YMMV since Niels  can probably build them quicker than someone seeing the PCBs for the first time.  That said, if you get your package before I post instructions, please don't start building as there is an order it has to be done, otherwise you may have to undo/unsolder things!

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions!

Now i feel bad it took me so long to pay , but I'm sure they'll get out in good time
Thanks too to Neils for taking on the job [ for anyone who ever complained about grp buys
try taking that on to really see ]

Don't worry, it won't take long to get through the list!

Niels is about halfway on the shipments from the looks of it and I am about halfway done with the instructions over here.  I think I'll have time between today and tomorrow to finish this up, since the US based guys will start getting theirs very soon and I don't want anyone starting this without reading through that.  I will make a PDF and post it in the help thread I "started" in the EQ subforum.

Chicago arrived Monday too. Been checking the build thread. I know how much time all the behind the scenes stuff takes. It can be crazy.

Very glad that parts are arriving so fast.  I've had to revise the ïnstructions, it's really all very simple just the first steps must be done in order and exactly to instruction. I've tried to write all that as clearly as possible, Niels has taken some closeup pics to show the little details and as of last night I think it's done, just waiting on Niels to have a read-through and confirm.

Rev 1 of the build instructions/BOM is posted in the help thread!  Please ave a look-see and post any build-related questions there!

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48328.0

Back