Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
littlefish said:
Hey, where in florida? I am in Miami and am interested in a pair!
Hi littlefish, units ship from Orlando, USPS should get them to Miami within a couple of days. 

thanks!

hey, im in for a kit! this looks very cool. you guys liking yours?

Pliplo said:
hey, im in for a kit! this looks very cool. you guys liking yours?
Hi, thanks, please send an email with order info (name, address, paypal email address, forum name, and number of units) to
EQP1S5_preorder [at] analogallstars [dot] com    (fix address format first of course).  We will calculate shipping and send you a paypal invoice. You can pay the invoice via paypal or credit card.

As for liking them, I'm anxious to hear back from all the slackers who haven't built theirs yet! :)  FWIW, I love mine, (though I may be suspect, as it's my baby) but so does the studio I lent one to, so much that I don't know if I'll get it back... (and they're asking for another one).

Niels and I have been pretty busy getting these kits out while also working on making them available continuously in kit as well as complete form(!!) (with a replica "huntington" 2520, to stay as true to the original as possible).  We will offer the complete units at a discount to members here.  I will update the first post over the next couple of days with more info.

Besides Niels and I, and the members who have posted here and in the help thread, we've had them in the hands of some very well respected producers/engineers and I'm very happy to say they've all been thrilled.  100% of them.  Many are using them in place of their original valve pultecs when they want something that will take a harder signal, or want the more controlled bass and transients of the solid state amp (there is a reason API's are widely used on drums), while still retaining the sweet non-brittle highs that only permalloy inductors and high quality capacitors can produce. 

Not that I can take credit, I suppose credit should go to western electric or someone from back then.  What Niels and I do take credit for is the hundreds of hours of research, reverse engineering and prototyping inductors and transformers to be able to make them the same way as they used to.

I hope that gives you an idea of how much I love this thing.  If you do decide to place an order, keep in mind that we are running a bit low on stock atm as we've had orders coming in for complete units eating up kit stock, once we run out I'll update the first post. But for now they are available and parts have been ordered for the next batch.

Thanks again to everyone who took part of the first batch, it's been a lot of work, but I'm very happy with the results!

cheers!

, yup , everyone should have at least one , if not a pair in their audio tool kit
the mark of a good piece of gear , you'd never regret using it [ with tastful choices ]
or to put it in the positive you can use it on virtually everything and like it .

But cheers to you & neils the one stop shop with everything needed , certainly insured my success
Thank you both & Ed

mitsos said:
Besides Niels and I, and the members who have posted here and in the help thread, we've had them in the hands of some very well respected producers/engineers and I'm very happy to say they've all been thrilled.  100% of them.  Many are using them in place of their original valve pultecs when they want something that will take a harder signal, or want the more controlled bass and transients of the solid state amp (there is a reason API's are widely used on drums), while still retaining the sweet non-brittle highs that only permalloy inductors and high quality capacitors can produce. 

Thanks again to everyone who took part of the first batch, it's been a lot of work, but I'm very happy with the results!

As you should be! My pair have been living on the mix bus and I'm absolutely thrilled with the sound. I've pressed them into service for tracking and they excel at that as well.

I'm a very happy guy, big ups to you and Niels for the heavy lifting and a great project.

Regards,
Mark

Hi guys, thanks for posting! Glad you guys are happily using your EQs. I'm still waiting to get mine back!

As I mentioned in the first post we are going to offer them as complete units (after much pushing from local clients).  I updated the first post with info on ordering and also to let everyone know that the complete units have received VPR approval from API! 

check it out: 
www.apiaudio.com/vpr_alliance.html

cheers!

not yet, we're working on it right now and should have something very soon.  I promised this to some members ages ago, and simply haven't had time. I hope this changes this week!

Already ordered my pair! I would love some assembly pointers... where to start, what to leave for last... so i dont screw it up hehe... Is there a bom somewhere to see where everything goes? xD

so exited!!

Pliplo said:
738]
Already ordered my pair! I would love some assembly pointers... where to start, what to leave for last... so i dont screw it up hehe... Is there a bom somewhere to see where everything goes? xD

so exited!!
Hi, yes there is a pdf in the help thread (filter/equalizer section). see the first post. Take your time, if you have any doubts along the way, post your questions there and we'll help u out! Thanks  for taking part!
Cheers!

EDIT: here's the link to the post with PDF instruction:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48328.msg609817#msg609817

Down to the last pair of DIY kits.  Still have a few pre-built units. 

The next batch is in the works and should be in sometime in August. Will keep this post updated.

Thanks!

DIY kits are sold out.    Only a few finished units left until the next batch comes in. 

Hi guys,

Been needing to update a bit here. Thanks for the patience, Niels and I think it will be worth it. We had a couple of delays due to wanting to make improvements to the layout (molexes on the iron to make assembly easier, for example) and another delay with grayhill, but everything is underway.  We are also doing a few extra touches on the metalwork we feel will make the kit all that much nicer.  Should be available in October at the rate things are going.  I will update with concrete dates soon.

thanks!

hey, does the kit include all the pots, caps, resistors, frontplate, knobs, transformers etc, everything to complete the build?

Back