Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange, I thought I had replied to atticmike's post.. My connection must have timed out or something.  Mike, yes, the kit includes everything to build the EQ, minus the discrete opamp (virtually any will work, as long as they have low DC offset).  There are quite a few options on (and off) the forum for opamps, and the kit does come with a little 1x1" PCB to adapt a 5534 to a 2520 footprint (5534 and resistors/caps for the adapter not included, but it's 10 or so commonly available parts).

The originals used API 2520s for makeup gain, and for that, our built/tested units come with a replica of the famous 1970's version of this opamp.

mitsos said:
Strange, I thought I had replied to atticmike's post.. My connection must have timed out or something.  Mike, yes, the kit includes everything to build the EQ, minus the discrete opamp (virtually any will work, as long as they have low DC offset).  There are quite a few options on (and off) the forum for opamps, and the kit does come with a little 1x1" PCB to adapt a 5534 to a 2520 footprint (5534 and resistors/caps for the adapter not included, but it's 10 or so commonly available parts).

The originals used API 2520s for makeup gain, and for that, our built/tested units come with a replica of the famous 1970's version of this opamp.

alright, thanks a bunch.

also a question about the pots, is it stepped or variable?

atticmike said:
alright, thanks a bunch.

also a question about the pots, is it stepped or variable?
Hi,

in the build instruction and the bom  it says pots for cut,boost and bandwidth and grayhills for frequencies.

Cheers,

Udo.

A seemingly small (but very important) update for the EQP-1S5:

FULL METAL JACKET!

e7dmh2.jpg

11kxixv.jpg

2nkpaie.jpg

Woaaahhhhhh!

Very very nice indeed!
Any news on availability?
Or is there a wait list I can sign up to?Will be in for 2 kits at least.

Best regards,

Udo ;)

thanks! They look nice, huh?  As for availability, I was supposed to have news on the inductors last week, if that gives you an idea.  That and faceplates are holding things up, but hopefully won't be too far out! And don't worry, when they're here, you'll be the first to know!  :D

Winetree said:
Haven't fired up my pair from the first order,
that's a $50 fine right there!

so what's up with the added metal case?
Will I need it? Can it be added to our first batch units?
The full case was done after using the EQ in rightmost slot of the 6-slot API lunchbox (right next to PSU). We had a little induced hum from the power toroid.  Now we only tested one of these API racks, so we don't know if other ones are the same. In racks with external PSUs this is not an issue, but nevertheless we thought it was best to install it.  So, no, you shouldn't need it, as long as you don't put it next to EMF emitting toroids! :)

To answer your question about fitting old kits, that's an old kit in the picture. 

Funny I was just on here looking at this earlier today.
Was thinkin the same question.

Cheers. ;D

Hi Everyone! Sorry to disappear, I've been without "real" internet for a couple of weeks, and very busy with the other job... We've got everything in except the metalwork, that is holding us up a bit, so it looks like January for the new kits.  I'm sorry for everyone who's been patiently waiting, but I do have a solution for 2-3 of you, maybe. 

We have enough parts for 3 of the "old" kits (no full metal jacket and no Molexes on the iron, but that's not 100% necessary anyway).  We've been holding these for previous sales that never materialized...

Kante, since you have been waiting the longest, you'll have first dibs, after you it's first paid first served. 

The three kits will be at the normal price of $450 USD + shipping/PP.  New kits will be just a bit more due to extra charges involving the metalwork and Molexes vs the original version.

Once again, sorry to keep you all waiting, believe me though, I'm in the same boat as I sold my pair of EQs to a friend who needed them, thinking the next gen would be here by now!    :'( 

For those interested in the EQs, please send me a PM  (BTW: I emptied my PM box, it was 104% full!) and I will contact everyone in the order the PMs come in.

cheers and thanks again for your patience...
d

mitsos said:
Kante, since you have been waiting the longest, you'll have first dibs, after you it's first paid first served. 
Hello,nice to hear you back!
Sadly I'm having issues in translating what first dibs means....sorry.
Still wanting a pair,maybe you can drop me a note via pm?

Thanks in advance,

Udo.

O.K.,

paypal-invoice received and payed some minutes ago,thank you guys.
Maybe I'll have them before christmas,who knows.....
Will you send me the tracking number them?

Cheers,

Udo.

Udo - Thanks for the order!  We'll make sure to send your tracking number by email!  In general they've been arriving pretty fast, I hope that's the case with yours too!  Please let us know when they arrive, and more importantly, when you have them in the rack!

We still have one last kit left from the original version, please PM me if interested!

thanks again everyone!

Hello Dimitri,hello Niels,

just wanted to ask if you've already processed my order because I haven't received a tracking number yet.

Thank you,best regards from germany,

Udo.

Edit:All good now,usps did not send me any info!Pardon me Niels!

Hey Udo,

USPS normally does send it out, thanks for letting us know about the issue, maybe a glitch in their system or something, but I'm glad Niels got it sorted out for you!

cheers!
d

Latest posts

Back