Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking care Dimitri!
The package has hit the german border meanwhile and must be provessed by main german customs now.It will then be sent to the customs office which is responsible for my area.
So sadly I don't expect to hold it in my hands this year due to christmas etc. :'(
But I'm really looking forward to building and heavily using it,maybe the world does exist after tomorrow? ;D

Have a good time,all the best and merry christmas in advance,

Udo ;)

well, if the world doesn't end we have some EQing to do!  Let me know how it goes, I have been meaning to update/improve the build docs due to some feedback from others who have built it.  The major thing I would recommend is to build and test the amp board by itself first, it requires one jumper at the top header and one at the bottom. I will email you an image to make it easy, but I thought I'd mention it here as well.  Good luck with customs, I hope they are feeling nice due to the holidays!

cheers!

Hi guys,
here is an image of how to set up the amp PCB for standalone (without the filter PCB connected) testing. I hope this helps during initial testing and/or troubleshooting.  As time allows, I will incorporate it into the build document. 

To test the I/O/amplifier PCB, populate it and separate it from the filter. Then you would need to set up jumpers between the pads connected by the red lines.  The top one connects the input trafo to the opamp, and the bottom jumper will turn on the bypass relays, to get the amp in the circuit.  (power off = bypass).  With these jumpers in place, you could install this in your rack and it will function like a line amp.

Gain should be a minimum of about 16-17dB, no max gain limit so don't go fully CW (if you install the trimmer like the silkscreen it will function like a gain knob, CCW decreases gain, CW increases gain). 

In case anyone is stuck troubleshooting, dividing the circuit like this can be very helpful in finding what might otherwise seem like a "needle in the haystack."

Happy holidays to all, happy 2013 in a couple of days!

cheers!

Attachments

• PCB topside.png
    PCB topside.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi mitsos, when will the new batch be available? Looking for something great to fill the last two slots of my lunchbox!

Hi Gearsef,

We have everything in, except for the last rev of the PCB which should be in end of this week or beginning of next.  Add a day or so for us to build/test one and if all goes well, they should be available right around April 1st, no joke! :)

thanks!!

No more and then!  ;D

PCBs are on their way to Niels as we speak, fedex says Thursday.  Took longer than I thought (doesn't it always?).  Niels will build one up as soon as he gets them, assuming all is OK, we be good to go! Crossing fingers for monday!

Hi Everyone!  All ready to go! 

Niels has finished running the first unit through testing, everything is working just fine and we are all ready to accept orders! We are working on updating the build procedure, as there are slight differences due to the pressed-in standoffs and molex connectors for the iron... everything is much easier this time around!

We'll get the build doc up in the next couple of days and will update the first post.

Thanks!

All paid orders have shipped so far.  We've updated the build document, at 2MB it is too large to attach in a post here and so we've put it up at dropbox for people to download.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16176593/AnalogAllstarsEQP1S5build_instructions.pdf

Here is another link to the help thread in case anyone has any questions about the build:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48328.0

Thanks again everyone!

cheers!

Hi,

all paid orders have shipped as of May 4th. 

Thanks!

Hi Mitsos, I finally got around to probing one of my eq's, it seems like the signal stops right at the input transformer. I'm assuming the signal should be passing through. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help, I hate to be a pain but I want these working!
G

Hi bud, sorry just saw your post.  I posted it to the help thread:

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48328.msg689368#msg689368

good luck, let us know how it works out.

Latest posts

Back