Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mitsos, I'm poking around my eq's, the first thing I noticed was there was no ground reference on the opamp (the pin between V+ and V-) am I correct in assuming there should be continuity between that pin and contact #1 on the 15 pin card?
Thanks

Hello,

pin 1 is the chassis ground.
You should look after pins 5(audio gnd) and 13(psu gnd) as 0v reference.

Best,

Udo.

...I need some 40 hour days... I'm up to my ears in repairs right now and moving the shop back home.  This next month I plan to be home a lot more...

But besides the MEQ, Niels and I have been working on another module which promises to be killer!

Hey mitsos - amazing project. This is what diy should be thank you. Now I'm new to all this really - how would this be for a first build? I thought I read somewhere that this was a difficult project except I can't see that - looks pretty simple to me?

Thanks Dogma, it took a lot of time and prototyping to get it to where it's at.

I'd say this is about as easy as it gets for DIY. It's mainly a lot of caps to solder and you have to solder the pots/switches in order.  Niels did a really good job with the hardware on this latest version and it goes together very nicely.  It comes with everything you need except for an opamp, but you can use any 2520/1731/990. The IC adapter that classicapi sells should also work, and will be easier to build, of course.

For someone with experience it shouldn't take more than an afternoon to build the EQ (a friend and I built 6 in an afternoon!). As a first time project, I'd say take your time, ask questions, and build it slowly over a couple of days, so you can double check your work because troubleshooting anything usually takes longer (and is more frustrating!) than building it.  ;D 

We also have a help thread in the EQ/filter subforum so we and others who have built them can help.

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48328.0

cheers!

Axelerator said:
hi mitsos, any news about the next pultc variant ? 8) ;)
Just to say that I had some time these days and finally got the MEQ working. Will post sweeps later today in the help thread..

Yes! But, Niels, who does the shipping is in Japan this week, so orders will only go out after he gets back. 

Thanks!

That means it's built, calibrated, tested and, of course,  used.  8)  ;D ;D
I have to say I'm very pleased with the result indeed. I was putting a few different things through it Saturday and it really fit in well with anything I put through it. Didn't seem like I could make anything sound "bad" through it no matter how radical the curves were that I was dialing in.

Obviously I'm kind of kicking myself a little for only ordering one, but as a bit of a DIY noob I wanted to be certain I wasn't biting off a little more than I could chew.  Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant build although there still that little disagreement between the PCB and the BOM regarding R1 and R3 but I just went with the values on the PCB like you said in the help thread and that worked out just fine.
Looks to me as if multiple channels of these are going to stay on the priority list for a while! - now the hard part; I've got to figure out what to sell off to finance a few more !!!
Like Ahh-nold said: "I'll be back"!

Very happy to hear you like the EQ! 

You'll be very glad when you have a pair for stereo sources and bus duties!

finally i finished my first 500 pultec module! :)

Attachments

• 10426088_825311737532227_5718717306199863701_n.png
    10426088_825311737532227_5718717306199863701_n.png
    874.1 KB · Views: 84
Back