Pultec 500 - Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 -- VPR APPROVED -- **2nd Unit Ships FREE**

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okgb said:
Any updates on the MEQ or the channel strip ?
The MEQ has been getting use at a studio for a while, little tweaks, etc. 

Channel strip?  What channel strip?  The men in black are coming to get you with their memory eraser!  8)
Put your sunglasses on! 

Actually it is wicked, but like all complex "systems" it is taking longer than expected.

Jeremy.Starseed said:
If these will be made again, or against all odds, are available now...I would love to know.
Hi, the EQP-1S5 is still available, see the first thread for ordering.  The MEQ is doing well in testing!

Thanks!

Kits are all set to go! Thank you Jayson! Glad you're liking your EQs! New kit should be getting to you in a few days!

cheers!

okgb said:
Public pressure that is !  Any MEQ action ? !

Wow, this took me a while to answer, sorry greg!  The MEQ is coming along, in fact the current prototype is working fine. Just have to finalize parts orders, and we'll have news on it.  Mainly the delay is because I've been slowly moving house and have had very little time to play with the protos, but now that things are getting settled, we should be moving quite a bit faster!

I suppose somebody may have asked already, but do you sell just the transformers? Also, why is it so hard to find the solid state Pultec schematic? (I'm just looking for the amp section) If anybody can pm it to me, I'd love to have it.

Thanks!

Usually info in the first post , no ?

Still, wanting waiting for the mid range eq /  inductors & transformers !

mitsos said:
The MEQ is coming along, in fact the current prototype is working fine. Just have to finalize parts orders, and we'll have news on it.  Mainly the delay is because I've been slowly moving house and have had very little time to play with the protos, but now that things are getting settled, we should be moving quite a bit faster!
Any updates on the MEQ?

Just built my first  EQP-1S5 and wanted to share my experience with this kit.. Build and documentation were extremely straightforward - If you have DIY skills, I would consider this a one-day-project.

The parts quality, build quality of the materials, knobs, metal enclosure, etc are very nice and that is reflected in my experience with using it. These are really really good EQ's. So far I've been using it on synths, drum machines, samples etc. haven't had a chance to try it on vocals or any acoustic sources but have a feeling it will shine there too.

The Opamp I used was a kit built GAR2520. I had no problems with this. It worked well on install for me without adding the CF cap.

Going to at least build another one for a stereo pair, and another pair after that if budget/stock permits.

Just tried emailing address in original thread with an order, been a few minutes & it hasn't bounced back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So is the kit still available?  I've heard so many good things about it so I have finally thought of getting one !

Latest posts

Back