GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mingus77 said:
Oh I wish I could just bend them straight again:)
I can see I might have to many resistors connected. If this «map» is right .
I will do some measuring, but first I have to do some research on how and what to measure:)
Thanks so far!

That schematic is correct. You will only need the resistors mentioned.

I can confirm you’re right!
Working 100% now!

Thanks for help here!
Will ass turbo and sidechain now. Yeah!!!
(Or maybe add a switch for a heavy saturation mod first:) )

Olegarich said:
Due to threshold problem - first check what voltages you get on threshold pot? Check for dc. In one end it’s 12vdc, in middle should change when you rotating it.

what else could i check?

thanks

Now that I’m done with a «simple» version of GSSL with 1xturbo, 1xmainboard and CRC I’m reay to step up. I would like to make the best version of GSSL  for mastering.
I have several mainboards (rev. 7) here and a couple of SC + turbo ready.
But what is the best solution for a mastering unit?
«The ultimate mastering Version» what to do?

I've build around 6 gssl now :))) Yeah i know it's crazy.  If you want to go deeper, you want a dry/wet (crush&blend) mod.  Now I'm adding it to every gssl I've built. I always wanted to enhance dynamics more but it's so easy to over compress, with this mod it just much easier to find the right spot.

Hey Weiss:

1. Check if you did not put 100K resistor after TL072, There should be 100R. Check resistors after pin 1 and pin 7 .
2. Did removed resistor you don't need if you're using THAT2180??  Which are pre trimmed.
3. When your switch is"ON" (Compression hapening, do you have continuity from "C" point to ground?

Olegarich said:
Hey Weiss:

1. Check if you did not put 100K resistor after TL072, There should be 100R. Check resistors after pin 1 and pin 7 .
2. Did removed resistor you don't need if you're using THAT2180??  Which are pre trimmed.
3. When your switch is"ON" (Compression hapening, do you have continuity from "C" point to ground?

many thanks for your help.

Yes i removed the unnecessary resistors, the values check out.
I always get continuity from Common to ground on either side of the compression switch. only the lower connection breaks if the switch is turned. did i wire it wrong ???

you have have continuity from the switch common to ground when it's pressed "ON"??? You should not :(

Switch common should have continuity with the ground only when compression is "OFF' (Bypass mode)

Check it,  is it switch or maybe there will be somewhere a solder joint that makes continuity to ground when it's in "on" mode

Olegarich said:
you have have continuity from the switch common to ground when it's pressed "ON"??? You should not :(

Switch common should have continuity with the ground only when compression is "OFF' (Bypass mode)

Check it,  is it switch or maybe there will be somewhere a solder joint that makes continuity to ground when it's in "on" mode

i have an on-on 3pdt miniature switch. joints are not possible, everything is wrapped in shrink tube

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1.jpg
    Unbenannt-1.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 9
Well, most often middle point is common pin, it should not have continuity connected to the ground allways.

Weiss try to do as i said before, just connect on the control pcb "ON" with "COM" and  connect "make up gain" those 2 near com and on.  I would try this first.

Olegarich said:
Well, most often middle point is common pin, it should not have continuity connected to the ground allways.

Weiss try to do as i said before, just connect on the control pcb "ON" with "COM" and  connect "make up gain" those 2 near com and on.  I would try this first.
ok, i'll try to bypass the switch

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post, but I’m trying to figure out how to switch between compression (GR) and input and or output with a lorlin switch.  Haven’t Found any wiring guide for dummies yet.. :)

mingus77 said:
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post, but I’m trying to figure out how to switch between compression (GR) and input and or output with a lorlin switch.  Haven’t Found any wiring guide for dummies yet.. :)

you want to switch GR metering to input output metering on the meter? I don't think that's possible as it is a GR meter, not a VU meter

Oh sorry. Everything works and now I want to install the Expat VU mod.  Not sure if my pot on 2k** should still be in or if I should remove it.  I'm using a Sifam AL19 VU.  Want it to show compression and In/out levels.

OK  Thanks for all help! It should be a wall in the park to build a couple more of these now :)
I’ll put the top kid on and start recording! Fantastic!

Back