GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some digging I think I answered my own question. I shorted out the 47K resistor connected to the threshold pot and the range is much more what I remember from my old C1. I’m not sure I understand why this mod came about. It makes it so that 0db on the threshold control is all the way CCW.  I typically use this thing on 2:1 with slow attack so I guess shorting out that resistor makes sense while it might not if I were using faster, more extreme settings.

please help!
my gssl everything works fine, but it seems that it has little volume, the make up gain I have to put it to the maximum to get a decent volume.

Juanaca said:
please help!
my gssl everything works fine, but it seems that it has little volume, the make up gain I have to put it to the maximum to get a decent volume.

How much gain are you getting? I get about 20db of make-up gain which makes sense to me considering you get about 20db gain reduction. I find that sometimes if someone sends me a really quiet mix I have to put a line-amp before it goes in.

Hello, I have one last question that someone has to explain to me please.
I want to insert a simple hpf filter into a rev12 pcb.
it has the 2.5mm molex inserted into the pcb as you all know.
Can I take the signal to a rotary switch and filter it there using polyester capacitors? Could someone tell me if I'm on the right track?
Would this filtering help me to prevent the compressor from acting on the selected bass zone?
This rotary selector would have to be of two poles?
thank you

Hi,

I have a gssl board from Pcbgrinder, the compressor work great ! But I have a strange thing happening when i turn off the compressor : the needle of the vu-meter go hardly to the right and make a little "click" sound. I guess it's an over-voltage.
Can somebody help me please ?

Thanks,
Tom

I have a rev12 pcb, the hpf that is above the tl074 can work without sidechain?
should it be bridged if not used?
How should it be connected if it only works in sidechain mode?
thank you

There is something wrong in your use of the Word sidechain.

For normal use, yes, you need to put in that link - try reading the latest 10 pages of this thread..

Jakob E.

Hello good evening, I just finished building a new gssl rev12, but as I always have a problem, it is a very strange problem with the abuja vu-meter bought in "don audio" type ssl with lighting.
The problem is that sometimes when I turn on the unit it does not light up and the abuja is placed in the center of the vu-meter, I have measured with a multimeter when it does not work and there is no power, how is it that it gets power some times and not others?
too. I have noticed that the unit when I turn it on cold does not start, it seems like a power problem but I don't know where to look.
thank you very much

Please: read this thread

This is not ment as a on-line chat for quickly helping people get through the build as fast as possible, but rather as an archive of problems and solutions experienced with the project, so you can solve it yourself. Which means that you are NOT supposed to ask the same questions again and again - which again implies that you should read the thread before asking.

Your particular problem is a regulator latch-up, described many times before.

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
Please: read this thread

This is not ment as a on-line chat for quickly helping people get through the build as fast as possible, but rather as an archive of problems and solutions experienced with the project, so you can solve it yourself. Which means that you are NOT supposed to ask the same questions again and again - which again implies that you should read the thread before asking.

Your particular problem is a regulator latch-up, described many times before.

/Jakob E.

I think Juanaca might be using a translator to post here due to the fact they said "abuja" in place of the word 'needle'. Only certain dialects use the letter 'B' instead of the letter 'G' and the translator wouldn't have translated that word. Its difficult to search specific problems when you have to translate every word. I've done it tons on Russian and Czech forums but it wasn't easy.

If that's the case i discovered at some point a browser add-on that I'm pretty sure will translate everything text automatically. Might want to look into that.

oh I'm very sorry, sorry I did not want to disrespect this forum, I think you do a great job.
If I use google translator, I am very sorry for my bad communication.
Gyraf thanks for the precise answer about the regulator overload, looking in the thread I think I have found the solution, it was hard to find it, I think it was on page 178, where you give a solution by placing a 1N4007 diode with the anode on the central pin of the 78L12 regulator and the cathode at any point on the pcb with 0 volts.
forgive me the question if it is silly, but, 0v is ground ???
Thank you very much and sorry again for asking so much, it will not be repeated
Cheers

Hello everyone!

I have a GSSL that I made 10 years ago that has begun acting strangely today.

The output volume goes up and down intermittently... not a lot, just a couple dB at most.... it'll be fine for a couple minutes, then the level will drop down for 30 seconds and then pop back up.  It's the same behaviour on both sides.  I'm a bit of a hack at this, but I'm making a guess that there's something wrong with the sidechain?  Does that seem reasonable?  Any suggestions for what I should check in order to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks very much :)

Colin

check if your 12V lines (+/-) are steady, and if they fluctuate in correlation with your unwanted gain change

makeupgain in this circuit is just a "fraction" of our +12V, how much is selected by makeup pot, simply added to the VCA control voltage..

/Jakob E.

Seeking feedback on my power wiring for 110V.  Is this looking correct?

Attachments

• 20201119_115948.jpg
    20201119_115948.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 23
Beeswax said:
Seeking feedback on my power wiring for 110V.  Is this looking correct?

..can't tell without specification for that exact type of power transformer. There's no standard in wiring color, connection, or ratings..

/Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back