Aux buss upgrade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby

www.mobytransformers.com BV.8, Bv.11, Bv.12, T14/1
GDIY Supporter
Im thinking about soundcraft 1624 aux bus upgrade...really sucks! Too noisy and no buf amps in front of pots. Original manual says 12k for virtual gr. summing with 40 input. I'm not sure where to start? First, I will like to rid of unshielded flat cable, but like to hear some opinions from you guys :grin:

What's the grounding like on the 1624? If your complaint is mainly noise/hum then on a soundcraft, that is likely to be your main contributor. Why do you want separate buffers for your send pots?

Bjorn

Except Large and solid frame, P&G faders , 20+years old preh stillworkin pots nice VU, TT patch , most of electronics sucks. Grounding is horrible, loops all around, (I trashed most of flat cables for ground and audio). Yes, I would like to separate aux. because don't like that passive parallel ... So will be nice to see is there some interesting idea about. Master summing is classics VG. Manual says 3k3, factory mounted 4k7 summing resistors. I'm in process with new master summing (40ch TX coupled individual cabled, like neve ), and again, will be nice to upgrade Aux. in the same time. Thanks. BTW, I don't have scanner to scan manual, but I will find some way but is it possible to use some of your web hosting for posting pics? :grin:

Latest posts

Back