Help for my Sencore LC75

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Snoid

I'm trying to get my Sencore LC 75 cap tester working. I don't have the original test leads, and I have a few questions about finding or making some:

I can't zero the leads if I use leads that consist of a short length of coax split off into two alligator clips on short leads adapted through a banana jack adapter.  Is this because the coax (probably at 50 ohm?) and this combo have too much resistance or capacitance?  I can't find any specs on the original leads, but they do call them low "capacity" leads.

I see Pamona has a setup that would be perfect, except it is rated at 300v, and the LC75 can test up to 600v. The leads are 20guage wire, which should handle 600v. I also saw one speced at 300V RMS, but I don't know what that means as far as straight dc voltage.

I have all the parts to make up a set... I just don't want to put something together that is dangerous, or gives inaccurate results.

Can anybody give me a few pointers?

Thanks.

Tod

Latest posts

Back