Alesis Masterlink - problem solved

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpucekov

Hi !
Today I got to fix Alesis masterlink with dead display, it appears that the R17 on the display panel blown. Does anyone know the value of the resistor, or if someone has a schematic.

Thanks on advance

in case anyone else has a similar problem
burned resistor value is 220 ohms
resistor is burnt due to faulty capacitor that are located below the display
difficult part is to unsolder the display (about 90 pins), and even harder to put it back again

bpucekov said:
in case anyone else has a similar problem
burned resistor value is 220 ohms
resistor is burnt due to faulty capacitor that are located below the display
difficult part is to unsolder the display (about 90 pins), and even harder to put it back again

Hi

I have a friend's ALESIS Masterlink with dead display symptom and after doing some troubleshooting discovered that R17 is burned.
Replaced it but it but it looks like something else created the problem because now the display works but is not bright and randomly flickers and R17 is hot.
Please can you tell me which capacitor under the display is the one that generated the problem ? I don't want to unsolder a 90 pin display before I have a clue what is wrong.
Unfortunately I don't have a service manual for it so if someone can help with a manual it would be great.
Thank you.

Back