Looking for Schematics for MOTU 828 mkII

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sound

Hi all,

A friend of mine just dumped off a Motu 828 MkII here that he had gotten off the "bay" as not being able to power up.  Opening it up revealed some missing key parts like PS transformers and some "highly questioable" attempts at mods / "fixes".  Well... now it's mine (for the cost of a few beers), and I want to "tinker" ;).

After some simple mods (op amp changes), these units are usually pretty darn transparent workhorses (not the mic pre's) and after a recent gig mishap involving a brawl, some beer and smoke, my moble rig is in need of some TLC - hence the interest. 

BTW, there's a nice thread on GS that shows how transparent they can actually be and there are a few "shockers" in there.  Not looking for "color" here.

There also seems to be enough room in there for a substantial pre overhaul as well as the original ones are kind of lackluster at best. So after resurrection (if even feasable as it seems to be a little bit of a basket case and I suspect, a bit more than MOTU's generous fix just about anything broken on it for about 90 bucks), it might be a nice little project to share (ala Black Lion but with a sexy GDIY twist) as I suppose I'm a bit overdue to contribute something along those lines...

So, anyone have any schematics for this beast?  Google search reveals some gut shots but little else with respect to that...  I'd prefer having them to start with as I've kind of gotten lazy in my old age about taking time to figure out stuff that a drawing can answer in a flash...

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back