Revox B77 capacitor question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpie

Hi,

I need to replace capacitor on a Revox B77. Unfortunately, the cap is missing so I can't  find an appropriate replacement.
Can someone give me some help? The cap in question is the 0.1uF (the first on the left) that is attached between the two mains lines.
From the schematic it seems that it's a non polarized cap. Can I use a film cap here and if so, what's the appropriate voltage range?
I'm in UK so I think it should be at least 240V?

Also, what's exactly the purpose of this cap? Is it just a smoothing cap?

thanks
Mike

Attachments

• revox.jpg
    revox.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 26
mains noise filter cap - should probably be a "X2"-class polyester capacitor, rated 275V AC

But you should be able to live without this...

Jakob E.

thanks Jacob, so I suppose I should be looking for something like this...
http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/ecqu2a104kla/capacitor-x2-0-1uf-275v-10/dp/1673308

I was told by the owner that once he powered it up something 'popped' and there was some smoke.
He then opened it and the only 'burnt' component was that cap. By looking carefully on the PCBs I can't see any other damaged cap either.

thanks again
Mike

cool thanks. So if I get this right, a cap like this can be used on pretty much any circuit to filter the mains.
Cool, didn't know about it :)

Latest posts

Back