Marshall 4001 (15W JCM800) re-design

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microc

Hello and happy new year fellow geektronix!

I have started designing a small practice amp (started 2 years ago, but moved to a new appartment and have used 18 month painting and stuff). I've started out with the AX84.com page, but I was afraid of lack in of headroom. My new design is evolving around the Marshall 4001 (Studio 15) which is more or less a JCM800, but only 15W.

I have some ideas for improvement, but the first thing I want to clear is have to make it "dual channel" but without adding an additinal channel. I love the range of a the JCM800 but I would like to have 2 preset settings.
This is my thought:
By doubling potensiometers for treble, mid, bass, gain, and adding relays for swapping then it could basically work as a dual channel. One channel but to presets. The setup will be break-before-make relays.

Any thoughts, except noise problems?

Schematic:
http://www.amparchives.com/album/Marshall/Schematics%20&%20Layouts/Marshall%20Amp%20Schematics/Miscellaneous%20Valve%20Combos/4001%20Studio%2015/4001m88_gif_orig.html

Also, I'm doing a redrawing of the original to dwg (autocad) for easy modding. Let me know if you want a copy of the dwg.

Fill empty moments of soldering  ;D

Latest posts

Back