Dorrough 280 A2 Analog Meter Repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Hey guys,

I have two 280 A2 meters here.  I think one of them was connected incorrectly (by me, of course...) on the input power.  I can see something called F1 across the positive pin - it looks like a solid colour resistor, but it's labelled "LF 1 1/2A" which makes sense, since the power adapter is 15V 1A.  When I measure this component on the working 280 meter, I get a value and then the meter climbs to 0 ohms.  However, on the dead meter it does nothing, which is leading me to believe this is cooked.

Can anyone tell me what this is?  I've looked in the schematics on the Dorrough site and can't seem to find these specific revisions.  It sounds like it might be some kind of diode, but I've never seen anything like it before.

F1.jpg

Thanks!
Sig

1.5 amp fuse as John says.  I had one go out on a computer mother board and an I/O port quite powering.  They are a little tricky to find but the port worked fine after replacing.

OH of course!  I've never seen a fuse like this before, so it totally threw me off...but that's why it's called F1!

Ok, I'll have to do some diggin' thanks!

Latest posts

Back