Black Market <--> Free Market

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
The Free Market has been created to facilitate non-commercial, non-profit Group Buys and Giveaways. I apologize if this has been a neglected grey area in the past.

The Black Market is now an auction based system (this has been in development for a while) to be used for any Buy/Sell transactions. The BM is directly tied into a Feedback System so that members can now give each other good/bad feedback after a transaction. The hope is that over time the reliability of transactions will improve and we can build greater trust between members.

I hope this helps. There's still a lot of work to be done, but I think I need a beer and a nap first.  :-[

Ouch, all my BM listings just dissappeared.  Hope I still have the copy somewhere! 

I do think reorganization is needed.  Go have that beer. 

emrr said:
Ouch, all my BM listings just dissappeared.  Hope I still have the copy somewhere!
Sorry about that! It wasn't my intention to remove active BM threads. I was trying to clear out the older/expired threads. I figured everything beyond the 10th page would be long expired by now.

pucho812 said:
Ethan, where do you find the time? Although this does not really effect me, thanks for everything.
Thanks! I've given up on REM sleep. I'm always caffeinated and jittery. :eek:

why didn't you just get rid of the white market instead? That's what started all the problems, not the other way around.

Ethan said:
emrr said:
Sorry about that! It wasn't my intention to remove active BM threads. I was trying to clear out the older/expired threads. I figured everything beyond the 10th page would be long expired by now.

No worries.  I've found the things I sell here take 1-2 years to move on average.  They'd sell fast and higher on ebay, but I don't want to place there.

sr1200 said:
Cool deal, ethan if you ever need a hand with stuff let me know.  Im a web dev by day.  Gear junkie by night.
Thanks!  I'm a server admin, desperately trying to improve my coding chops.

So i put up my listing in the new BM (lol... bm) i uploaded the picture, then tried to edit the caption and got an error "you are not allowed to administer the Black Market"... dunno if thats supposed to happen but i figured id let ya know. :) Otherwise, great job, easy to use, had it up in less than 5 min!  Ebay should take a note...

questions on the BM... (hehehe) Can one set terms for who can bid?(minimum post count) Are there "buy it now" style listings? Can you end an auction early if you are also selling locally?

@gemini: RE: Guidelines, a day or two.  I've been swamped trying to work on several things simultaneously.

@sr1200: Thanks! It's still a work in progress, working out the kinks. PM me what you'd like the caption to be and I'll change it for you.

@gemini: As for bidding terms, not quite yet.  Yes to Buy-it-Now.  You can end an auction early if it has no bids.

Fee question:  $1 per 7 days?  If so, food for thought:  my last several sales here took between one and two years to find buyers.  The 2 year sale specifically was a $400 item, would that mean it would now cost $104 in fees?

I may be misinterpreting; we don't have a substantial FAQ and I haven't tried listing anything yet.  If it's correct, I'd do better going back to ebay, which I loathe.  These same items would sell right away there, and probably for more, I just hate the place.  I really detest any system that forces use of paypal as well, but I understand the merchant perspective that suggests it's a necessary evil to be tolerated. 

Again, questions from me, not comments on known facts yet.  I know you can't make everyone happy. 

Doug,

You brought up some valid points. I will change this so that users can decide how many days to run the listings. It's a work in progress...

How does finalizing a sale work?

Are we forced to use paypal? or if somebody has dwolla (not likely) or amazon checkout, or google wallet... etc. I really do just hate paypal (but agree it's a necessary evil until people read up on dwolla and learn that if they can trust paypal (you shouldn't) they can trust dwolla)

Back