Hairball/Mnats Stereo 1176 Meter switches + board help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffTD

I'm in the process of building one of the Hairball/Mnats/Collective Cases Stereo 1176's, but have run into an issue.

I was an idiot and ordered the mouser parts bin for the mono 1176, and as such don't have the proper switching pots for the ratio/meter boards. I found which part # to order for the ratio board, but cannot for the life of me find details on which meter switch to order. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I cannot find where X/Y are supposed to go from the Meter board. I've followed this guide so far, but I can't locate on my own PCB's where they're referencing X/Y as coming from. http://mnats.net/1176-wiring-rotary.html

Hi JeffTD,

For future reference please use the build thread for you're questions.  It helps keep things tidy around here.  Usually the revision build thread is best, but for this question I would post to the stereo build thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44882.0

I've never done the rotary switch build, but something like mouser part #105-13574 should work.  You may want to confirm with the guys in the stereo build thread.

X and Y connect to the VU meter pads.  One of the connections will have a 3.6K resistor in series for +4 metering or an 8.2K resistor for +8 metering.  Which side of the VU X and Y connect to is not important.

Again, if that's confusing check or post in the stereo thread.

Thanks,

Mike

Ahh thanks Mike, that makes sense.

While I've got you here, though - I'm still slightly confused on the X and Y, considering that there's a specific +/- "meter" pads that I thought were wired to the VU meter pads? Do I just wire X/Y to those and ignore the +/- ports on the meter board, or am I missing something?

dandeurloo said:
Mike...... WHAT IS LOLA?  Is it your new avatar?

Yes.  Top secret stuff. 

Should have an official announcement by friday (hopefully sooner).  Just finishing up the website.

It's going to change your life Dan ;)

Mike

Edit:  Ok check my WM thread.  ;)

Back