XV-5080 sound module summing issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiroy

I Have spent all night trying to get audio to come out of both sides of the XV-5080. I have tried everything including factory reset. I have read the manuals on-line and tried the B,C and D outputs also.. The problem is  the signal will come out of the Left side with the left cable plugged in and it will come out of the right side when only the Right side is plugged in. But it will not come out of both side when both cables are plugged in. I called roland,"operator support as they have no Tech support", and the guy said it sounds like the electronics is working and it is probably  a input Jack issue.

But the problem I have with that is they each work fine by themselves, they just wont work together.

And If I pull one a little out I can get both sides to come out but it doesn't sound like stereo it sounds like dual mono. But the issue is I can do this with the left or right cable so I would think that would rule out the Jacks yet again.

Can anyone help here? Can this be an electronic(IC) issue? I will try swapping jacks from my other 8 on this unit.

Can anyone help?

Ok, lets say ...left is plugged in and is passing signal.
What happens if you plug in just a jack plug (without a cable) in the right output?

is this on all patches or just certain ones.  I know my xv5050 you can adjust the panning (effectively the outputs) per patch.  If you got it used, the previous owner may have set global panning so you can send different patches out of different outs (good for multi tracking if you're only using mono patches)

Yeah, ill agree with that as well... i had an issue where i had the TS 1/4" going into a balanced patch bay and had weird issues when trying to patch it in there.

Latest posts

Back