kill dry sound in fx pedals for mixer aux insert - any mod???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guze

Hi,
The title says almost evrything.

Is there an easy mod to fx pedals to kill the dry signal so i can use in a mixer aux???

Thanks

I can only think of delays and reverbs that have a wet/dry control.
As for a mod, I'm pretty sure there's no general solution, and you'll have to check pedal by pedal.

i mean a 100% wet signal.

Yes, it's mainly for chorus/delay/flanger , they have a depth control, but none of them goes to 100% wet signal.

Can i change a capacitor for more depth? i know there is a mod for some depth control pots , that needs a capacitor change. but maybe that's individual for every pedal

you could always duplicate the aux send somewhere in your mixer, and flip the phase of that. set the level just right with the aux return and you have a fully wet stomp box. Results depend on the quality of the stomp boxes dry signal somewhat. One could create an external box to do this of course, or use a mid-side encoder to accomplish the same.

It's a CE2-B(this one has a depth mod), a ROZZ bbd delay (all discrete, no opamps) and an old aria bbd flanger. I don't have schematics for the last ones, but i can take some pictures.

this is meant for portability and there's no extra channels already in the mixer.

The delay has a direct out(i've never tried it), and it cuts the dry signal,  :p

remove and jumper or just remove? can i use a switch?

Is that the R21 , it's the only resistor that doesn't have a number

Attachments

• ce2b-bass-chorus-board.png
    ce2b-bass-chorus-board.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 23
guze said:
Is that the R21 , it's the only resistor that doesn't have a number

No, that's R7. R21 is immediately below it, 47k between pin 2 and pin 7 (note wire link from pin 2).

This is the resistive feed from the input buffer to the output summing stage. Just lift one end of it to disconnect the clean feed. Insert a switch there if you like.

Back