designs right off the data sheets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People aren't born with an innate ability to design circuitry (I sure wasn't)... many people learned how from the classic old tube manuals ARRL (ham radio) handbook etc.  (not me I'm not a tube guy). Many old commercial designs can be traced back to the even older tube manuals.

App notes are the modern tube manuals... I read the national audio app handbook from cover to cover back in the '70s, and only recently gave my dog eared copy to another guy who promised it a good home.

JR

pucho812 said:
I happen to be good friends with NYdave outside of forum and such. I seriously doubt that the one bottle came from any designers hand book.  But for someone less experienced such as myself, pulling from a design handbook and or data sheets is sometimes required.

awesome, slap his hand for me.

The manufacturer must be handing out the specs for a reason. That is not to say that I feel that you should copy and paste but the the starting points provided by data sheets will definitely be my reference points in the beginning.

Latest posts

Back