Finished AKG C12 clone pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built the pattern switch with relais,

nicholas

the EH 6072 I tested were all more noisy than the old stock tubes

e.oelberg said:
I built the pattern switch with relais,

nicholas

the EH 6072 I tested were all more noisy than the old stock tubes

I would like to try that... could you explain more about how you did it & what relays you used? (posting some pics & schematic/wiring would be cool  ;D)
I was always told that the relays need to be VERY high resistance / impedance & are expensive... ?

Hi, I'm going to build myself a C12 clone from this schematic because I wasn't 100% happy with the sound of my CT12 capsule in my G7. My question is, I'm having trouble finding 250Mohm resistors. I have a few 200Mohm and a few 51Mohm resistors, will the 200Mohm suffice or should I put a 200Mohm and a 51Mohm resistor in series?

Thanks,

Kris

I used a 200M and 50M in series on my C12 clone (well, two of each actually). I noticed no problems with this method. I used Ohmite resistors so size was an issue in my Apex 460 body, but it is possible to stuff it all in there. I hope that helps.

-James-

Thanks for the replies guys. One more thing, I'll be using a cardioid/omni pattern select switch like the U47. Will there be any problems with connecting back to ground and front to 4700pF and then to ground as opposed to sending voltage to polarise the front?

Built my C12 clone, love it! Perhaps I had all couple of dud EF86 tubes but this C12/C24 style circuit with Tim Campbell's CT12 capsule, a NOS 6072A and Cinemag CM-2480 sounds much sweeter and sits better in the mix for me.

Thanks for sharing buddy  :D

Back