Gotta say , I find the Black Market now uninteresting and not exciting

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get really excited when I saw a post on the BM like "moving, selling lot's of stuff" and then there's a big long post of all these pictures and odd items.  Maybe there's some diamond in the rough in there, maybe there's some hidden gem gizmo on the list that if I just knew I could quickly get a PM in to the seller...  It was exciting.  But I'm not here to complain, I'm so grateful this site exists.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?action=classifieds;cat=5

...for wanted.  I guess trade could go there too, but no obvious place for a pile of small misc trade items.

Ok sorry for my newbie question but it's very obscure for me ...
The black market is no longer free ?
I have to pay 1USD for post Items to sell ?

I wish folks would stop bleating about the $1 fee. It's a dollar for chrisake!

I just want to go on the record and say that I have NO PROBLEM with that AT ALL. There are no Final Value Fees to pay, just a token listing fee - so low as to be negligible in the scheme of things -  and compared to eB*y it's as good as free.

I will be listing some items there soon, just to check out the selling experience and see how it feels to complete a transaction there as a seller.

My only dissatisfaction is as someone who likes to browse a marketplace and be kept both interested and entertained - that bit seems to have been sacrificed for some measure of security, though I'm sure I'll get over it. If it really helps to keep the sharks away from the beach it's gonna be worth it, I guess.

MagnetoSound said:

And it still feels wrong. People dish out free expert level information for years, something other people hire very expensive consultants for outside this forum. Eventually a massive databank of it gets accumulated. Now posting costs money.

To be honest all the rip offs I've ever witnessed at black market have been wholly deserved. Stupid people see a deal that's too good to be true and judgement is compromised. The more painting by the numbers gearstluz there are, the more black sheep will enter to take advantage of it. They all deserve each other.

Don't be a complete idiot and make overseas purchases worth thousands of dollars when you don't know the entities involved and all the proof you have is a bunch of fuzzy jpegs. Actually lets make that shorter: don't be an idiot!

I'm personally not interested in paying protection money.

Wooo keep cool  8)

MagnetoSound said:

I just want to go on the record and say that I have NO PROBLEM with that AT ALL. There are no Final Value Fees to pay, just a token listing fee - so low as to be negligible in the scheme of things -  and compared to eB*y it's as good as free.

I will be listing some items there soon, just to check out the selling experience and see how it feels to complete a transaction there as a seller.

My only dissatisfaction is as someone who likes to browse a marketplace and be kept both interested and entertained - that bit seems to have been sacrificed for some measure of security, though I'm sure I'll get over it. If it really helps to keep the sharks away from the beach it's gonna be worth it, I guess.
I'm not "bleating" like you say but it's just a question.
I have no problem with the fact to pay the entry, it's very low.

I Sell lot of items on groupdiy, so why not.

pyjaman said:
Don't want to show disrespect, but did you read the thread you're posting in ?
If i'm speaking about this 1USD it's maybe i read it ...  :eek:
I just want confirmation.

Acoustix, my comment wasn't directed at you particularly, just that a lot of people seem to be put out of joint by the one dollar and I don't get it. Call it a donation, or whatever. Why not?

... as for cool -  8)  Heeeeeeey!  8) ;D

Actually, the fee button is the 'donate' button, just as found at bottom of every page.  At least in appearance. 

exactly what sort of fool would try to sell 5 resistors, I don't know or understand!  Let's not even consider the labor/time/cost of managing/packing and shipping such a goldmine.

emrr said:
exactly what sort of fool would try to sell 5 resistors, I don't know or understand!  Let's not even consider the labor/time/cost of managing/packing and shipping such a goldmine.
People sell $1 or less items on Ebay and other trading sites. Some people may sell VU's, racks, whatever for $1 or less because they feel generous, but this $1 fee may prevent people from doing so.

How about people giving away things for free also?

There is a free section already, if you study the situation. 

A $1 sale with $2 shipping on ebay costs $0.27 cents with ebay, then another $0.33 with paypal, coming to $0.60 in fees.  FWIW.

One final beef: BM posts ought to show up in 'Show unread posts since last visit'.

Why they don't is puzzling, unless it's been designed to appease the WM brigade ...?

MagnetoSound said:
One final beef: BM posts ought to show up in 'Show unread posts since last visit'.
Why they don't is puzzling, unless it's been designed to appease the WM brigade ...?

There's no conspiracy here.
Programming is hard and I'm not a professional programmer.
If something isn't working the way it 'should' be, it's a bug, not design.
Now that I'm aware of it, I'll look into it.

Otherwise, I think every question has been answered and repeated in this thread several times over.
Read the Q&A section in the Black Market. If you still have questions, contact me.
Let's put this thread to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back