VP312DI build - No Sound OPAMP getting HOT!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Soul Rebel

Guys, i'm bloody stuck on a VP312DI (Version C.1) build

Anyone out there help?

Here's the symptoms...

Phantom LED ON
I can clearly hear both relays
No sound at either end - I.e. no sound on DI, No sound on Mic Pre.
Opamp gets very hot in less than 30 seconds

Has anyone troubleshooted these exact symptoms? I have checked all my solders (which I will do once again). All the resistors AND caps are DEFINITELY in the right place. I am going to check my relays once again, but why would they both be working if they weren't soldered probably.

I'm proper perplexed on this.

What's the best way to troubleshoot a build?

Could it be the bourns pots? I've had this problem before where the pre has gone down, because of a cold solder on the bourns pot, but as soon as I resoldered it, it worked perfectly. Would this cause the opamp to get hot?

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

In fact there is not very much that can go wrong...
The first thing I think of is that the voltages on the OpAmp are wrong, or the polarity is reversed.
Did you check this?
A shorted OpAmp output might warm up the thing if you drive it 'loud', but that would not be my first thought.

Hi Guys

Firstly thanks for the replies. I'm going to get a chance to look at this in the next hour or two.

I'll report back with more pics and some other thoughts.

Thanks for now

Cheers

Matt

Matt

This should not be a new thread topic. These same problems were brought up in the VP312DI build thread. I responded with some things for you to do. First being check/swap the opamp.

I will post some other thing there now. http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40821.msg598820#msg598820

I suggest we let this thread die and not clutter up the forum. Ethan has made great steps to make things easier to find around here and this thread is counter-productive IMHO.

Cheers, Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back