G7

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iprovlek

I have my G7 mic almost a year!
And was doing some real testing lots of vocals males, females,instruments...
And notice  that my G7 is very often a little to hot sonicly...and have some boxiness in mid range....

I use E80F Valvo ,Beyer trannie 1:10,and Peluso cek12!

So i wondering how can i improve this mic more,another capsule or trannie or tube!
Guys i need your opinion and some advice what to do!

Capsule affects the sound more than anything else. Don't know what you mean by "too hot" but almost certain it's the capsule you don't like. At the second place comes (IMO) the physical construction. Boxiness may come from the mic body resonances.

Very tuby sound,little harsh....

Maybe you right with boxiness i use diy shockmount and is maybe to close to mic...

Maybe is good to put some feedback cap and 2k2!

What do you think!

And thank you very much for response!

you could try first with a lower polarisation voltage to the capsule (change voltage divider in mic, and change range of external "pattern" voltage to fit). Some 50V can often get the capsule sounding much nicer.

Alternatively, you may want to consider investing in a CT12 capsule..

Jakob E.

Thanks Jakob!I will try this...

Im very curiosity about M7 or K47 in G7!

But i will try add 2k2 and cap to decrease this to much hot, colored sound!

You didn't mention the head basket. It can make big change on sound. Can you post the photo of your mic?

I solved issue!

It was to much colored sound, sounded very hot,i applied 2k2 and 100uf/35v elko cap, and this colored hot sound

go away... I trimmer to taste! it very usefull thing that Jakob aplied this in G7!

Thanks guys!

Back