Lola

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagefright13

Lola kicked some butt today here at Stagefright records. I'm liking this pre. The output attenuator is REALLY useful. Gonna do some more testing tomorrow. It is right up there in the world class pre department. Besides the sound it looks pretty nasty too! lol. ;)

John

Stagefright13 said:
  Lola kicked some butt today here at Stagefright records. I'm liking this pre. The output attenuator is REALLY useful. Gonna do some more testing tomorrow. It is right up there in the world class pre department. Besides the sound it looks pretty nasty too! lol. ;)

John

Cool John!

Hopefully nasty in a good way ;)

For those interested, I did a little Lola interview with Peterson @ diyrecordingequipment.com:
http://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/4369/diy-mic-preamp-design-interview-with-mike-mabie-of-hairball-audio/

Thanks,

Mike

Well Lola has survived A Vintage Marshall 4x12 at high volume unpadded.  Output attenuator added some very useful distortion as input increased and attenuator bit down. It distorts well, smoothly without that nasty gritty sound you might expect on A Marshall track. And A U87 Acoustic test And several other things. The Acoustic was pretty dramatic. Very nice!!! We used the studio's Ovation into it and the guitar player said it took the Ovation sound right out of the track LOL.
  More higher end Miced acoustic Friday and drums on Saturday to test transient response etc. And some vocals if all goes as planned.
  Mike agreed to leave it here this week to hit the other instruments to it. Interested in hearing the High end Acoustic thru it and drums. And vocals of course.

John

Latest posts

Back