PM 2000-Crazy Idea?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stefan

Hi, I´m getting 8 channels from a PM 2000 desk delivered today, I plan to recap, mod the EQs with kit from JLM and put these 8 together as a big 8 ch monstermicpre.
Q: Since I won´t be using the FB and Echosendknobs, is there a compressor that would be possible to squeeze into the strips, in the place where those knobs sit now?
In my mind this would be a killer unit with 8 channels of Pre-EQ-Comp.

Of course I realize it´s not possible to get an original La2A in there, but a simple VCA twoknobcomp would be nice...
A kit of some kind?
Any suggestions?

Thanks people, the JLM kit might actually fit inside the strip without modification, does any of You gentlemen have the size in mm for those pcb:s ?
Do they run on +/-24V?

/Stefan

stefan said:
Thanks people, the JLM kit might actually fit inside the strip without modification, does any of You gentlemen have the size in mm for those pcb:s ?
Do they run on +/-24V?

/Stefan
Hi Stefan,

the Mac runs on +/-24Vdc.
The size is supersmall,something like 35mm front carrying the switches for hpf(sidechain),meter mode/bypass and ratio.Depth is arround 64mm.
Remember this is the Mac pcb only;you have to hook up pots for threshold and makeup gain as well as a nice meter.
For details visit Joe´s website,there´s a cool build thread to get an overview and Joe is a very helpful guy.

Hope to have helped,

Udo.

Latest posts

Back