ADVICE ON SELF ETCH / PCB FABRICATION.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I self-etch a lot of little project boards and have a Top Tip:

In the UK, we have a limescale cleaning product called "Lime Light" - you know, the stuff you use on taps and stainless steel kitchen sinks.

I discovered that it cleans copper in seconds! Gets rid of any tarnishing from finger prints much easier and less destructive than wire wool.

So if you like to remove the etch resist and tin-plate, this stuff cleans the tracks up beautifully in between processes!

Andy Peters said:
zayance said:
Andy Peters said:
JAYJAYBEE said:
i have a couple of concerns with this, first, i use FR4 1 oz copper...ive seen a few using up to 3 oz copper, for high voltages, will 1 oz copper suffice for the g9 project, or is the 3 oz stuff just overkill ( extravagance ).

The copper "weight" one needs to use isn't a function of voltage, it's a function of current in the trace.  1 oz copper suffices for anything you're going to build.

You really don't want to try soldering to a plane built with 3 oz copper.

-a

oh yes of course 3oz = 105um, my brain was stuck thinking 70um copper (2oz)
Yes than forget it, etching will take an hour, maybe a little less  :eek:
2oz is still ok, and would do for most Tube based circuit i think, would take maybe 20mn to 1/2hour to etch,
depending on the solution age etc...

I don't see why you think you need more than 1 oz copper. Again, it's the current in the traces.

-a

Yes, just need bigger traces......

Latest posts

Back