AKG 414 Body....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swedish Chef

Has anybody got the chassis of a 414 mic that I could buy from them?
Mysteriously one of ours commited suicide in the studio, a la: "It came off in me 'and Guv'" and it means that I am currently banging my head against the faceless Jakob fave, H*rman.
The square outer case is fine but the chassis has sheared off the whole loop which the grille locates into... :evil:

swedish "inanimate object suicide magnet" chef...

I'll give you a flippin' "Head Down..." mate

Chef

Have you tried emailing AKG in Austria ? Theres a chap called Karl Peschel who works in the spares dept who has been really helpful to me in the past. The only problem with dealing direct is that the last time I contacted Karl they did not accept credit card payments.

Yep, Karl is a very nice guy indeed - and it seems that he's able of finding even the most wierd spare parts. A couple of years ago I got a spare set of pickup coils for an AKG BX20 through him...

I've had the same break happen. The 'loop' ("Basket handle" I called it!) is made of something like pot metal, and doesn't weld... I tried taking it to an aluminium welder and he said "nothing doing"... :sad:

...By the way, he was a black belt in "no-can-do".... !

:wink:

Ended up ordering the "Erzatzteil" from AKG. They had a sheet with all the part numbers on it which they faxed to us, and we identified the required part.

Keef

Latest posts

Back