Peter "Firesign" Bergman gone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

Not music, but great LPs (I have Dwarf in the car).

Peter Bergman, a founder of Firesign Theatre, the comic quartet that channeled the absurdist sensibility and chaotic impulses of the countercultural 1960s and '70s into a popular radio show and a series of cult-classic albums, has died at 72.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20120312_11_A12_CUTLIN729137

pliers.jpg

Out of the smog, and into the fog... RIP Nick Danger, Third Eye. :-[

I just started humming an old ditty from way back...

Porgy Tirebiter,
He's a spy and a girl delighter,
Porgy Tirebiter, just a student like you.
If you're lookin' for the captain of the ringball team, you can bet he won't be there.
You'll find him poppin' up at Pop's sodium shop,
diggin' a red, with red hair! Scooby-doo-wah!
Porgy Tirebiter, just a student like you!!

Tod

Wow PRR, my very high opinion of you just went to legendary. I loved these guys, and was saddened by this news today.
"We're All Bozos on This Bus" is sheer genius, as well as "Everything You Know is Wrong".
This is the kind of creative stuff that slips between the cracks when history gets re-written by the folks who made all the money.

"Why does the porridge bird lay its eggs in the air?"

"See that dehydrated horse? Well, they do that..."

...and who could forget Rebus Keneebus, the daredevil hole-jumper, and Pat Hat.

I recently taught my 9 year old the opening to Nick Danger (he had heard me do bits of it in the car & thought it was funny.)  When he recited it to my wife, she was much chagrined--which of course made it even funnier for me. 

Sorry to hear that Bergman has passed.

(EDIT:  One of my friends said this upon hearing the news:  "This hasn't happened to him since 'M'!" )

Latest posts

Back