kante1603

Re: Neumann Vintage U87 Clone : Build Thread.
« Reply #3020 on: December 07, 2018, 04:58:14 AM »
I did several diy kits (the chinese fun stuff and others) - I know this may be a challenge, but I expect with some patience and help here I can manage it.

Pardon,but you wrote this: "I am expecting to have many, many questions since it's the first time doing electronics."

Udo.

Ricardus

« Reply #3021 on: December 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
Hello,

I am awaiting the arrival of all parts now. Is it allowed/encouraged to start my own build thread?
Or does everyone want to keep the u87 build posts in this existing topic?
I am expecting to have many, many questions since it's the first time doing electronics.

I am not a beginner, but there are some things very specific to mic building, and you can pretty much find all of the answers in this LONG thread. You just have to search. I actually went back quite a ways and just started reading forward.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:19:55 PM by Ricardus »
Audio mastering for hire..

« Reply #3022 on: December 07, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »
Hello, i leave this message, because i have a very low output on my microphone and really don't know where i can search to solve the problem.
Can you indicate me a way for i make some check please?
Test i've done:
-I try an other capsule same thing.
-All my voltage testing point corresponding approx with the schematic value.
-I've re-bias the fet without capsule and transformer connected voltage are good.
- Check the Trx connection good.

Dan 1.3 pcb
cinemag 13113
Maiku capsule
Use the switch that comes from chunger body kit.
i built 7 u87 and never have this problem and never have problem.
Thank

« Reply #3023 on: December 08, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
Hey guys,

While I wait for the parts to arrive, I was looking at getting a DIY oscilloscope and signal generator to bias the FET.
But is this needed? I have a DAW/Audio interface that I could use to feed tone into the mic and analyze it with a spectrum analyzer plugin? Or is this not advised?

Some pointers are welcome on this topic so I can start to read up a bit.

Cheers!

Chris

ln76d

« Reply #3024 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »
Hey guys,

While I wait for the parts to arrive, I was looking at getting a DIY oscilloscope and signal generator to bias the FET.
But is this needed? I have a DAW/Audio interface that I could use to feed tone into the mic and analyze it with a spectrum analyzer plugin? Or is this not advised?

Some pointers are welcome on this topic so I can start to read up a bit.

Cheers!

Chris

Hola,

you can use DAW and audio interface,  but you need to use highest sampling rate available. Spectrum anlyzer will show you where's highest signal and where falls dawn.