U47 FET pcb.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcocet said:
Beat me to it :) I'd already started something similar, but for the 87ish style bodies that are being used for the U1621. Neumann actually made a microphone that was a fet47 circuit in a u87 style body, but I can't find the model number anywhere to bring up a picture.

Here's some:

Attachments

• u4979.jpg
    u4979.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 118
OK... First batch of PCB's had 2 minor mistakes,
as I was informed by guy who already built his U-47 (Milan? Please confirm!).

Soooo... Any inteterst?

What kind of price are you going to set for these PCB's? Are they being done in collaboration with poctop's DIY fet47 project? What are the final PCB dimensions?

BTW, if you intend to use the fet47-style mic for bass amps and kick drums, the lower polarization voltage/sensitivity is actually a good thing.

-James-

HellfireStudios said:
What kind of price are you going to set for these PCB's? Are they being done in collaboration with poctop's DIY fet47 project? What are the final PCB dimensions?

BTW, if you intend to use the fet47-style mic for bass amps and kick drums, the lower polarization voltage/sensitivity is actually a good thing.

-James-

I am not in collaboration with Igor but I wish I had  :( , actually i took over the project because it has been left on the Bench for several months ,  but if Igor want to go ahead also, that is not a problem at all , people will have choice for this project wich is a good news. ,  just need to remind that the PCB High impedance section isolation strategy  is a critical aspect of my design and i am hoping to make the demonstration a bit later this week, and will also supply a complete BOM and phototutorial on how it will be assembled ,
Sincerly  , :)
Dan,

Hi, yes Igor ...... except of these 2 little bugs .... (I am sure you already fixed it ) i can  confirm the Microphones
I build with the Boards sound great ;).

Al the best M.

Well, dudes. In case we comparing the posts dates here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49758.0
Topic: D-U47 FET Microphone Project PCB ( Coming Next week )  (Read 2141 times)
« on: 2012-09-04, 08:34:31 »

and here:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48056.0
Topic: U47 FET pcb.  (Read 3460 times)
« on: 2012-03-15, 03:22:56 »

It is fine with me to give people more options.

@poctop : if you have a reason I shouldn't offer my PCB's, just drop me a mail.
If you need price fixing, no prob as well. If I can offer same price as yours incl. shipping, let's stick to it - I appreciate your work too.

U47 was built at this nicey black PCB at least 2 times, AFAIK.
The PCB was designed for my friend - he actually started the idea with this PCB,
I just draw it and brought files to factory and asked for best quality they can offer for high impedance circuit.
I wanted to make a mic for me, but unfortunately plans have changed
(passed some time at hospital with heart probs, recovery, blabla, than got a bunch of work). Well, in 2013.

I asked some photos from Milan, hope, he will post them here.

Funny, but:

just need to remind that the PCB High impedance section isolation strategy  is a critical aspect of my design

Yes, it is MUST and BASIC thing... Otherwise the mic will work incorrect.

The PCB on photos made from very high quality material. Tracks spaced well.
Wash it with IPA, take down residue with pressed air, till it shines, dats all.

Want to mind piezo-ceramics in case of whatever. Microamperes and kilovolts. Same sh&&t, same strategies, well, already been there)

Well, the picture of PCB (comp side and bottom side, all built at one PCB):

(just click at attached picture).

Attachments

• u47fetpcb.jpg
    u47fetpcb.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 176
Thanks to both Igor and Dany for putting together a PCB--options are a good thing for the DIYer. Igor, do you have an idea on size, re which bodies your pcb will fit?

GOSH WHY DO I HAVE TO BE BROKE!!! i want 2 from both of yall!! and mparts ahs that brass 67 capsule. DIY will be the death of me..

I put this project on hold due some unexpected issues, probably addressed to FET, untill I assemble one mic and test it for some days in the studio.
In case of whatever: which FET can be direct replacement to Neumann 8280800022.4?

Igor said:
I put this project on hold due some unexpected issues, probably addressed to FET, untill I assemble one mic and test it for some days in the studio.
In case of whatever: which FET can be direct replacement to Neumann 8280800022.4?
what abut sk107? I'm sure it have to be low noise selected but it's maybe worth of trying.

Back