gefell/neumann cmv 563 signal drop, help?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inputhone

hey folks. i have an issue with my gefell/neumann cmv 563 with an m7 capsule. i am  in the middle of a recording session right now, and from time to time it starts to drop the signal and the sound gets quite flat and harsh. switching it on off (power supply) mostly solves the issue. sometimes it runs good for hours.

is that a common issue? is that due to the power supply? does that might need new caps? or more likely to happen to the tube? anyone a straight away idea just to get through the session this week?

i always use a windscreen, but is it actually possible for the capsule to collapse like this due to to much signal?

About 7 years ago I had this same problem with one of my CMV563's. It turned out to be the power supply. The mic worked perfect with the other PS. I can't remember what the fix was but it may have been a resistor that was replaced.

hitchhiker said:
About 7 years ago I had this same problem with one of my CMV563's. It turned out to be the power supply. The mic worked perfect with the other PS. I can't remember what the fix was but it may have been a resistor that was replaced.

the 1 Meg resistor.

Back