[BUILD] Tr1dent A range PCB support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to get pics once it's a bit more buttoned up, mad alligator clips, flying leads and blue tape removed etc.

I'm kind of surprised at how different this sounds from my other SS pres (Neve and API style). So clear and open on the top. Great stuff.

Peterc - how do you get the higher voltage (44vdc) out of the 500 series power?

I wanted to add an output attenuator to this.... was thinking of throwing a pot between the output transformer primary, signal to wiper. Will this work ok, or is there a better way I should go about this?

@ adeptusmajor . Im not sure that's an ideal solution.

Essential the 2gang switch pot in the project affects the mic and Line amp stages, you could try separating these two, one control for the mic amp, and the other with more control for the Line amp. If you look at the schematic should make it clear.

@All.

Also i am making a few A range EQ PCBs for myself and a friend to build, only very small number of boards just for personal use. And i suspect i might include the mic amp too.

If a few of you wanted a board im sure ill have a few spare.

Best
Pete

Grand Master Audio said:
@ adeptusmajor . Im not sure that's an ideal solution.

Essential the 2gang switch pot in the project affects the mic and Line amp stages, you could try separating these two, one control for the mic amp, and the other with more control for the Line amp. If you look at the schematic should make it clear.

Thanks Pete - I got the idea looking at another preamp I built but wasn't too sure about it. I already have the two gang switches, might just build this thing straight up and try an outboard attenuator to see if it is worth driving harder.

@ adeptusmajor - go for it, no harm done.

Hi Emtee - Ill have a look when I get home, but do you have the original circuit diagram? if so its identical to that. let me know if you need any further help.

Best

I think I will be in for 3 eq pcbs and some more pres in spring next year, if they will be still available.

Back