Another U47 Clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HG

At the begining of this thread you did not have the picture.

The vf14 is it own thing. The ef14 is not the same. they are steel case and a pentode. Thats kind of like calling another tube a ac701 replacement

I have five of the cinemags NiCo I hope to test soon and a number of tab-funkwerk transformers(best transformers for microphones so far, I have tried a few) made with the german lam alloy use in the real 47s.

There are a number of us trying to go to the "next level" with microphones.

Gunters and maybe the wunder?

HG, nobody has called you stupid or implied it, so stop referencing it. Nobody here is busting your nuts, so let's move on. Marik is a good dude and knows his marbles.

I've got a contact in China so I can get a sample by paying $150 USD as I have an Audio business and a Fedex account etc. I'm sure that you could get a shipment from Brazil for that price in quantity.

I only put the post up firstly, so that I could investigate the mod value of the mic (I'd be surprised if it were not a dog, as is) and secondly, just to pass on another possible source/brand for cheap moddable tube mics. This company is trying lift its global profile which is why i stumbled on it in the first place.

I agree, too. But since I'm not even considering getting one of those, I won't have a chance to listen. When I look at graphs I don't expect them to be accutrate, but they kind of show what those guys were *aiming* at.

Yes, some vinatage mics like the Telefunken do have a serious trebble boost, but we don't expect a chinese microphone to sound as nice in that area, do we? Speaking from experience...

tab-funkwerk transformers(best transformers for microphones so far, I have tried a few) made with the german lam alloy use in the real 47s.

Hey Gus, what is he charging for those, do you know?

:thumb:

To be honest if you knew the mic was nothing like a u47 and yet you still made a misleading post to suggest that it was, then I find that annoying. I think you jumped the gun because overall Marik was being informative (to the rest of us) and helpful in correcting you. Maybe you knew it wasn't truly a U47 copy but other members may not have and misinformation like that could cause some headaches for less knowledgeable members.

Latest posts

Back