Small Console / Summing Mixer BUILD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang

Hello out there!

I just wanted to show my latest project.
A small 8 - 2 Console with Pan, Fader and a Solo/Mute-Logic. I build it to easily expand with more Channels and also to add Aux-sends and/or Level-metering. This was a project for some sort of exame so there are only 8 Channels now. Next Step is build another Frame with 12 more Inputs. Stereo-In-Module is also in work. And thinking of 4 Aux sends....  On the Input Channel there is a pre- and a post-Fade Signal available which is already impedance-buffered for this purpose! The build itself was very time-consuming so those additions have to wait now - first are holidays :) :) :)!

Input Channel is build with THAT1246 Line-Reciever --> Mute-Relay --> NE5532 Faderamp --> ActivePanpot with NE5532 --> Summing Resistors.

Summing Channel is done with DOA-Summing -->Insert Send/Return with THAT1646 and THAT1246 --> Fader --> DOA Faderamp --> THAT1646 Line-Driver. The THAT Line-drivers can be replaced with Output-Transformes if wanted. For now I like the sound of this little thing but will try Transformers, have JLM111 sitting on the bench for this purpose.

I also want to thank this great forum from where i have learned really a lot. Also big thanks to abbey for explaining me the Soundcraft-NIC-circiutry!! And alot other people for inspiration and ideas!!

Regards,
Wolfgang

Attachments

• MIX_ONE_1.jpg
    MIX_ONE_1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 588
Summing with GAR2520! Big thanks to GAR381 and ClassicApi!!!!!

Attachments

• SUMMING_CHANNEL_2.jpg
    SUMMING_CHANNEL_2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 330
Hi Wolfgang,

nice build indeed - I just started my endeavour in this field..... but with a few more tweaks (at least if I get it done...)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48120.0

do you have a full schematic available? I have not finished design yet, I might learn from you! do you have a typical application scheme (DAW, input / output levels etc? and measurements) I use ARTA a lot together with my focusrite I/O...

- michael

That's some very professional work there Wolfgang.

Very nice presentation indeed.

If it sounds as it should from your choice of components and circuit topology, then it should sound very very good.

Well done.

Nice project audiomixer! - a lot of work is in front of you, trust me!

Your Block-diagramm is a little difficult to read the letters. Except the PFL-solo my Input PCB is nearly the same. For Aux just add pots and for Bus-Routing cancel the Summing-Resistors and add a little Switch-board!

What do you mean with application? It is for summing work in the studio! DAW --> Outboard or not --> Mixer.
I want to add Auxes to also use it in Recording-Sessions for Monitor mixes, but later!

Regarding Levels: i use THAT 1246 which is doing a -6dB drop for internal Level-Structure. If you look in the datasheet it can handle levels up very high.

I also made some measurements and i am happy with the results as it was developed and build in about 5 months. Had not that much time to try different PCB-Layouts and do measurements of all! This is getting very time-consuming but i think one would learn a lot about layouting.

I will attach some measurement-files!

regards,
Wolfgang

Attachments

• Freqency_Alles.JPG
    Freqency_Alles.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 104
I wanted to congratulate you Wolfgang. Nice Job! I recently ordered a few hundred 'wellbuying' switches myself. ;)

Back