Decal instead of silk screen? logo project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songguy

Im looking to personalize  my gear with my studio name. The project is not worth silk screening.A quality decal would be ideal.

Any suggestions as where i can get this made? Home kit?

Cheers,
Chris

I looked at this some time ago for front panels. Looks like it would be great for simple labelling of connectors and controls. Where it comes unstuck (pun intended) it where there are holes in the decal - for example if you want to do a scale around a pot or switch. Easy to create/print but I can't think of a way to get the hole in there.

Cheers

Ian

If it's anything like foil I've worked with, a fresh hobby knife blade following the edge of the backing metal should do a hole just fine. My main concern would be (as with printed digital photos) whether they would remain colorfast over the long haul. A dedicated operation would presumably have more appropriate inks for the task.

I have used decals often and cut holes with leather punches. Make them larger so that the clear coat flows/bridges onto the face plate surface. Make sure the ink gets a day to dry before you top coat let that dry for a day make the transfer to the plate and let dry for 2 days then top coat. sooooo let it dry let it dry.

ruffrecords said:
I looked at this some time ago for front panels. Looks like it would be great for simple labelling of connectors and controls. Where it comes unstuck (pun intended) it where there are holes in the decal - for example if you want to do a scale around a pot or switch. Easy to create/print but I can't think of a way to get the hole in there.

Cheers

Ian

All ya gotta do is spray the panel with clear coat after you put the decals on, it'll never come off and the clear coat really makes any colors you have on it POP.

Attachments

• mosstone1.jpg
    mosstone1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Back